Wednesday, 9 March 2011

New York & Las Vegas

So...we meet again.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the lack of action since my first post. As I mentioned, my circumstances have recently changed, and I basically decided to broaden my horizons and do something I really wanted to do. This new phase of life is going to be similar to a bucket list, but a lot less morbid! 


So first on my list on my way to new empowerment...


NEW. YORK. NEW. YORK.


This has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl. I've grown up on films like Home Alone 2 and imagined myself staying at the Plaza Hotel, taking a horse & cart trip around Central Park, shopping on 5th Ave and looking out at the views of Manhattan from the top of the Empire State Building. I can't even put into words how excited I was to hold my ticket in my hand and know I was on my way!


More recently, as so many millions of other girls have, I've become a Sex & The City Addict! I just adore that show, the fashion, the cocktails, the lifestyle...I want it all. The package we decided to go for offered the option to pay extra and also include a trip to Las Vegas - how could we refuse?!


The highlights for me:


NYC 


  • visiting Carrie's brownstone in Greenwich Village & having a cupcake from Magnolia Bakery <3
  • the panoramic view of Manhattan
  • walking across Brooklyn Bridge
  • jumping on the big piano just like in the film 'Big'

VEGAS

  • helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon
  • old Vegas at night
  • the shopping mall with a real life thunder & lightning light show on the ceiling
  • watching the Bellagio Fountains show set to classical music
Here are a few pics from my trip, it was everything I imagined and more...














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig