Thursday, 12 July 2012

Dubai

Sorry for the quietness again, the gap in communication usually means I've been on holiday..and I have!

This time I've been to Dubai for a week, and had an incredible time. It's just so glamourous, and everything is huge! No one there does anything by halves, the cars are all high end super powered sports cars, and the malls are ginormous! You could literally spend a week solidly in the Dubai Mall without sleep and you probably wouldn't even get around it fully.


It was really difficult knowing what clothes to take, because I knew it was going to be ridiculously hot - most of the time was spent hiding somewhere air conditioned! But also because there has to be a certain level of decorum, the women there cover up and its considered insulting for Westerners to wear barely anything, drink alcohol in public and flirt, so it was a challenge to pick my holiday wardrobe.


I basically decided on mainly maxi dresses and maxi skirts, and accessorized the hell out of them. I took a scarf to cover up my arms too. I think I got the balance right, I do feel its important to respect others cultures and do as they do. I still managed to get a nice tan while lounging by the pool - lying under a palm tree sipping a cocktail and discovering Mr Grey...such a hard life!


We went to the top of the Burj Khalifa, the worlds tallest building. It was insane to see giant skyscrapers reduced to Lego size! We also visited an indoor ski slope, madness! I didn't chance my arm on the actual slopes as most people know how accident prone I am and I didn't want to wreck the holiday! But we did go on the chair lift and had a hot chocolate and hot dog, before going back outside to 50c heat - surreal!


I did A LOT of retail therapy, mainly from Aldo, Forever 21 and River Island. I got some beautiful pieces from RI that I've never seen over here. We also visited the aquarium and did the night-time bus tour (not actually worth it in my personal opinion, we spent most of the time stuck in traffic!)


We stayed in Jumeirah Beach and it was stunning! I've never stayed anywhere like it! 


Can I go back please?!













SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig