Thursday, 13 November 2014

A Little Winter Break in Palma




A bit late blogging, but I've just got back from a few days mini break to Palma, so thought I'd share :)

It was quite a last minute decision, and at this time of year it's difficult to find somewhere with sun. Spain seemed a safe option, and Palma sounded nice because it's a city so you get the combination of culture, but also the slower pace of life you get from a beach holiday.


We arrived on Sunday night and our room - which was a suite - was huge! We had a front facing room with views overlooking the marina, which was even pretty at night.



As we were only there for 2 full days, we had to plan so we could get the most out of it. We chose to go on a city bus tour, I always enjoy these as you're being driven firstly by someone who knows their way (always a help!) but you also get a nice overview of the area. Plus you can get off at the places you fancy and remain on the bus for those bits that dont interest you.











We visited the cathedral which was largely designed by Gaudi. I'm not the biggest fan of architecture and my knowledge is limited, but having been to Barcelona and seeing his incredibly unique style, I've since become a fan. The cathedral was breathtaking, definitely worth the 3€ to visit.













Lunch was pizza and wine both of the days we were there, the first sitting outside in the sun, the second under a canopy watching the rain POUR. Cocktails aplenty were also on the menu (a lot) 





We did some shopping and I wanted everything, not helped by the fact that two of my fave shops (Zara and Pull & Bear) are both Spanish, so I just knew I'd be tempted! I fell in love with the most beautiful black cashmere beanie from Zara, but no matter how much I reasoned with myself I just couldn't justify it. So instead I snapped up a black beanie instead, as well as this maroon one as I really liked the colour.



Finally, my hidden jem was definitely this little beauty of a place called The Boat House, it's done in a very "British" modern beach bar style, all whitewashed wood, shells and squashy cushions. It was just beautiful. We went both days, the first night for a cocktail in the outside bar which was like a tiki hut decorated with fairy lights (I'm a sucker for design) and the on the second evening we had food- I really wanted to have some local tapas while we were there, so we had gazpacho, grilled prawns on mallorcan garlic rock salt and chicken wings (not quite so traditional!) all washed down with a jug of sangria. We ended the night at the Cappucino bar with another fabulous cocktail, Aviation (possibly my new favourite - gin, violet liquor and lemon juice) 








It was so relaxing and peaceful (probably as it was november) and I was so gutted to be leaving!

We flew - Ryanair
We stayed- TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig