Tuesday, 9 December 2014

A festive round up....

So far Decembers been nice and busy, here's what I've been up to so far :)

Last week I went to see David Gray who I've really liked since I was a teenager. His voice live is incredible. One ticked off the list for sure.


I went to a wedding at the weekend with work friends. Had a fun time with good company! I wore a black and white striped peplum pencil skirt that I bought a few years from Cameo Rose, an H&M black camisole (which I've had so much wear out of, it's so versatile) and my trusty black heels. We all have one pair of favourite shoes, and these are mine :) Recently I took them to be re-heeled and without them I felt like "What am I supposed to wear?!" because they go with EVERYTHING. (That's ignoring all my other 150+ pairs of shoes haha)


I went to
Hickory's Smokehouse with my friend and my gorgeous god-daughter for food. Wow! Let's just say I throughly enjoyed my meal, it was incredible! I'll definitely be going back (every week!) and it was lovely and Christmassy with all the lights. 


I also finally decorated my Christmas tree. I've bought my decorations from various places over the years, I like the mismatched look. They're mostly Gisela  Graham but I've got them from all over the place. I know the colour scheme is a bit cold but I think it's quite stylish too. I hope you like it :)


I've also been really enjoying spending the winter evenings snuggled up in bed with a cup of tea, some candles and a good book. I'm really enjoying 'The Killing 1' at the moment, I can't put it down. I haven't watched the American TV version yet, but I think it's going to be hard to beat the Scandinavian book.

This weekend I'm off to stay with my best friend for the weekend, and we're hitting Birmingham for the Christmas markets and a good old catch up, we do it every year. I can't wait!  I haven't decided what I'm wearing yet, I'm torn between a Lavish Alice velvet playsuit (although I'm considering saving that for NYE) or something sequinned. Decisions!

Have a great week! 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love every one of these photographs! I was drawn to the food the most... probably because I am hungry! (stress hungry!) That outfit btw is amazing. Really great :) Also I like your tree very much :)

    Btw I LOVE David Gray's voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the food was amazing, in fact I could probably eat it right now! I hope your journey hasn't been too stressful so far and you have a good flight! I love his voice too, and he was just as good live!

      Lucy x

      yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. Your christmas tree is so lovely! I love the white!

    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tegan, I always get so exited to put it up! Feeling a little more festive now it's up too!

      Lucy x

      yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig