Sunday, 28 December 2014

Christmas Round-Up

Well, I've had an absolutely lovely Christmas! Hope you all have too?!

It was a quiet family Christmas this year which is my favourite kind. I had far too many lovely gifts to mention, including Fat Face clothes, lots of cosy knits, some mason jars to serve cocktails in (you can tell I'm getting on as that was my favourite pressie!) and an overnight stay at a spa-hotel for me and Ben!



We went for a walk on the beach while waiting for dinner to cook, then settled down in front of the TV (as a side note - wasn't Christmas telly RUBBISH this year?) and watched Christmas films.


My Mum excelled herself this year, the food was divine! We also had these really cute crackers that had a little moustache in rather than a gift, quirky!


I hit the sales on Boxing Day, but I made a vow with myself to be good this year and only buy essentials, in the past I've been guilty of buying things simply because they're reduced. I also only went to a few shops, none of this queuing from dawn nonsense, I'd rather stay in bed!

Anyway, I limited myself to this perfume I've had my eye on for a while, its also the perfect size for my bag (does anyone else buy a perfume purely to carry around in their bag?) and of course made a visit to Fat Face. I bought this wool dress I tried on a few weeks ago and knew would probably come down in the sale, and a jacquard print tube skirt, which can be dressed up or down depending on your mood, and this cosy puffa.



This weekend I had Christmas number 2 with Ben and his parents in Staffordshire. He told me there was a small amount of snow on the ground but when I arrived it was like Narnia! I get nervous driving in snow so thankfully it was ok. We went to their local for a family party - think local with dog snoozing in front of an open fire and a real Christmas tree - so cosy and traditional. Then we walked back in the snow to chill in front of the fire and open presents. Ben bought me some vinyl (I'm SUCH a hipster) and a beautiful ring from Not On The High Street - which was handmade in the village we stay in in Cornwall. He even had it engraved, I was so impressed!


After several hours of pure, unadulterated M6 hell, I'm back at home preparing for heading back to reality tomorrow :(

How did you all celebrate your Christmasses?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Your Christmas looks mega cozy! I also bought that jacket in black! I'm taking it with me on my Winter Vacation in Feb
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the jacket is completely sold out now! It's a bargain though! Your Christmas looked fab too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig