Wednesday, 31 December 2014

New Year's Eve

Firstly, I hate NYE. Now I've got that cheerful fact out of the way....

Despite the fact I find New Year's Eve overrated and always an anticlimax, it's a good excuse to glam up so I usually go out. But we don't tend to do anything very exciting because it's always really expensive. So instead my plan is the same as every year - a group of us will go to the pub and see the new year in with a few cocktails. 

I've ditched the sparkles this year and instead have opted for velvet. I bought this draped playsuit from Lavish Alice over the summer because I had been looking for a "winter" playsuit with long sleeves for the cold weather, I love playsuits and they're always my go-to outfit, but most of mine are quite thin and skimpy. 


It's a slightly different style for me to wear as I favour fitted clothes usually, but I quite like it for a change and I know it'll keep me warm. It was also a bargain as I bought it before velvet became the must have fabric! 


Whatever you end up doing I hope it's a good one! 

Happy New Year and see you in 2015! 


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I totally get what you mean about NYE being super anticlimactic every year. It's suppose to be the party of the year that brings you into the new year but it's never really that great lol. That dress looks awesome though, hope you had a good night!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's good to get together with friends but as usual it was big anticlimax! It feels like you just sit all night waiting for 12, then once it happens you feel like you may as well just go home! My outfit kept me warm anyway! Hope you had a good night!

      Delete
  2. I find new years a bit overrated too & pretty much always stay in watching films and eating too much food!! I really love that dress and how you've styled it :) I want to start wearing green more as I really love it but never think to try anything green on!
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying in with films and food sounds like an awesome new years eve! Yeah I like green but don't have much either, this was very green and took some getting used to!

      Lucy x
      yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  3. What an ideal playsuit for Winter - completely agree! They're just more comfortable to wear than dresses! This NYE we just played board games, had a few drinks and ALOT of buffet food!

    Emma xx


    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your NYE sounds brilliant! Love board games! Yeah I do love a good playsuit, this was certainly cosy! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig