Sunday, 4 January 2015

100 Day No Spend Challenge

Having seen this floating around on Twitter via Rachel The Hat I've decided to give it a go myself.

(Image taken from Google) 

This goes live from tomorrow (5th January) and the challenge basically involves not buying clothes for 100 days, which is going to be incredibly difficult for a shopaholic like me. I tried something similar a few years ago, failed spectacularly and never lived it down. I currently own in excess of 200 pairs of shoes (and wear about 5 regularly...) and have 3 wardrobes full of clothes (not to mention the various storage boxes and carrier bags hidden elsewhere in the house.) Shameful!

So in my last post I pledged to try and be more careful with money and stop frittering small amounts away, so I guess I'm now plunging myself right in at the deep end! To make it a bit more juicy I'm going to reward myself with £1 a day in an attempt to inspire myself to keep at it! 

(Image taken from Google) 

Wish me luck!! 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow good luck! I don't think I could do this, I mean maybe, but especially not now, before I move into my new house and go on a winter vacation, I need to buy things!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a disgusting amount! Haha, like 2 wardrobes full! I'm currently sorting them out to sell a few!

      Delete
  2. I have a feeling ive been overly ambitious, but I'm going to give it my best shot, even if I don't last the whole 100 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness I reread this post and can't believe you have so many pairs of shoes! Maybe you should sell some! haha

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig