Monday, 5 January 2015

January Blues

I'm not usually one for posting problems online. But so far, I HATE 2015.

Yep that's right, January sucks.

It's a miserable time of year anyway and a month I've never liked (who does?!) but considering its only the 4th, it's already been incredibly trying. 

I planned to try my resolution of getting fitter from today, my Couch to 5K. But I've been laid down with a chest infection since late Thursday which has now developed into full blown flu. I've been lucky to have avoided all the various lurgies that have been circulating until now I know, but it's still making me feel miserable. 



Then in saturday my bed broke, unexpectedly. Sunday, my TV. Today I shuffle out of work after being sent home and find ominous puddles of green under my car which a quick google search has shown to be possibly a radiator leak. Can it be February already please?! 

Seems it's just as well I'm doing the 100 Days No Spend challenge....I'll have no money left for clothes now anyway! 



SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oh you poor thing! Crappy things always come at the one time I think, it decides to hit you like a tonne of bricks! I'm sorry to see that you have lemsip there *shudders* I absolutely despise that medicine, but I am even more sorry to hear you are sick, and about all the things that have recently broke down. I hope you get better soon, you need to sit back, let people be your slave and bring you what you want (aha) and sleep!
    It'sMyLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam, i think I was just wallowing yesterday, because I felt so awful! But a full day of rest and relaxation has definitely helped!

      Delete
  2. Ughhh that sucks! Don't let it put a dampner on your entire year! The same thing happened to me when I started exercising, i got super into it and then I got sick for like 3 months so there went that plan. Just eat healthy while you're unwell, soups, tea, take your vitamins, and get well soon!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tegan, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself yesterday, but I'm determined not to let it affect the rest of the year! A good nights sleep and lots of rest yesterday has definitely helped me today!

      Delete
  3. Aww hope you feel better soon, it sounds like you've been having a bad time of it! Rest up, it's frustrating but the only thing for it! xxx

    Jane | QueenJane Approximately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Had a bit of a blip but thankfully things are on the up now! Grateful for the 100daynospenr, hope you're still going strong!

      Lucy x
      yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  4. You poor sausage, I hate being ill, it really gets me down.

    I think I'm one of the few people that like January.. only because it's my birthday next week! :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you lovely....Ooh and a happy bday in advance!

    Lucy x
    yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig