Sunday, 18 January 2015

Life At The Moment

I haven't really blogged much this week, I've been back at work after a week off and have been super busy, but unusually quiet in my personal life. Which makes a nice change actually as I'm usually rushed off my feet.



So my week in summary is:

Watching - The Theory of Everything

Ben and I went to see this on Monday and I absolutely loved it! I found it incredibly moving, and visually stunning. Eddie Redmayne thoroughly deserves all the credit he's getting for it. 

Reading - 'Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'
Despite its title, this is not a factual book about maintaining motorbikes! It's been on my must-read list for a while and I've finally got around to starting it.

Drinking - Whittard's Rocky Road Hot Chocolate
As most people who know me know, I love Costa festive drinks, so I ended up getting a few flavoured hot chocolate sets for Christmas. This is one of the nicest I've ever had, which is weird seeing as I don't like marshmallows (or regular Rocky Road for that matter)

Cooking - Saturday Scrambled Eggs
I haven't done much in the way of cooking really so that title is a bit deceiving, but in line with my chilled week I had some lovely scrambled eggs for breakfast yesterday which I ate in bed. Simple pleasures :)


Wearing - Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss
This is my product of the week, I actually forgot I had it and I'm loving it. I've hardly worn lipgloss for ages so this has been a nice reintroduction. 

Using - COLAB Dry Shampoo 
I've run out of Batiste and in all honesty I've stopped finding it all that effective (and I'm not keen on the smell) so I bought this 'New York' scent from Superdrug and looking forward to trying it.

So that's my week in a nutshell. I'm doing the 100 Day No Spend Challenge (with clothes) but I can't cut everything out so I've treated myself to both a hot stones massage and some HD brows next week. Naughty but nice, and something to look forward to. I've recently grown out my thick full fringe after having it for nearly a decade, so I've decided to take the plunge and try redefining my brows to make them stand out more now they're on show all the time. I'm not a natural blonde so my brows are fairly dark anyway, but I'm hoping they won't look ridiculous! 
Has anyone got any HD brow recommendations? 


SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I've always wanted to get a hot stone massage!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! I have had one once before and remember it being amazing, so I hope this one lives up to the hype!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely loved The Theory Of Everything. It was simply stunning!

    Offfft & you've made me hungry with that scrambled egg.. :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, it was so amazing! I was in tears so many times! So beautiful.
      And yes, the eggs were yummy! x

      Delete
  3. I've never had HD browse but always wanted them, you'll need to blog some before and after shots! I'm away to look that book up now too, it sounds up my street!

    Jane x

    Queen Jane Approximately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping they look ok, I'm having nightmares of looking like a drag queen! But looking forward fo them, I will do a before/after post! Good idea! Hope you're enjoying the book if you ended up getting it! x

      Delete
  4. Everyone is mentioning The Theory Of Everything on their blog's, I NEED to go see it! I've been wanting to try the COLAB dry shampoo, but have heard such mixed results so I'm not sure about it!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww it's so good, I'd definitely recommend it!
    I fell out of love with batiste so hoping this is good, looking forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to watch The Theory of Everything! The COLAB dry shampoo also sounds fab, I'm on the hunt for a new one, I might give it a look into :)

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good film, I'd definitely recommend it! Been using COLAB for 2 days so far and I must say Im really liking it.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. I've just recently cut a fringe which I love because I can get away without doing my eyebrows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having a fringe but I just feel like I need a change for a while. I'll probably end Up getting it cut back in as it makes me feel more like "me" :)

      Delete
  8. the theory of everything looks so good, I've seen the trailers and it looks so moving! xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so moving! Take your tissues!

      Lucy x
      Yellowicing@blogspot.co.uk

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig