Thursday, 29 January 2015

What's in your handbag?

So ladies, as the title suggests - what do you cart around with you on a daily basis?

I've always prided myself on my minimalism and how tidy and light I keep my bags. I also took onboard all the stories I read about heavy bags contributing to back problems. 

But then I made the classic mistake - 
I bought a bigger bag

More bag, more junk.

As this picture shows, my bag isn't too bad compared to some. However this is a good day, I quite often have my iPad and/or random items of clothing lurking around in there too. And I do have to question why I need 4 lip products! Especially as I never use all 4 of them at once, I just use whichever one I grab first. 

  
Today I took stock of what was in my bag for work.

• a glass bottle of water
• 2 x Vaseline (rosy lips & original)
• Sure deodorant 
• Impulse body spray
• Hugo Boss 'Ma Vie' perfume
• purse
• 3 x keys (car, work & house)
• 2 x tissues 
• 2 x lipgloss (Smashbox & Barry M)
• chewing gum 
• a clementine
• a mini notepad 

I've chucked all my receipts, shaken out my bag and decluttered the contents. I now feel far more streamlined and organised.

Do you carry too much junk around? Or are your bags minimal? 

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I have one bag at the moment, and it's too big for me, I want to get a smaller one. I always, ALWAYS carry water with me, lip balm (EOS at the moment), hair clips, my hair is quite unruly, tissue, you never know when you'll need it, my purse, feminine products, and then random crap, like those leaflets people give you on the street, I always feel bad throwing them out so I stuff them in my bag, a long with sweet wrappings, nail filing kit, compact mirror and that's it I think! I'm really loving your bag, where is it from? :)
    It'sMyLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me! Thank you, it's a Nica bag, I got it from TK Maxx, such good value and nice and roomy!

      Delete
  2. Great blog
    Please follow me first and let me know if you followed me.
    I will follow you back after it.

    http://czillen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :) I found your blog through Miriams and I wanted to stop by and say hello and let you know that I've followed you!
    I love what's in my bag posts! I alway make the mistake of the bigger the purse, the more stuff (crap) I put in it too lol! Your bag is cute, and looks like a good size for everyday use!
    Ashley Sue Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! THanks for following and its always lovely to hear from new people! Glad you liked it, and yes I definitely use the size to cram rubbish in there on a daily basis!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I'm an absolute nightmare for carrying everything (including the kitchen sink) in my handbag! ;)

    I really struggle to keep things to a minimum because at the back of my mind, I'm always thinking '..but I might need that..' haha :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my minimalism lasted about 2 days!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. I love reading these posts! I always have a million receipt or scraps of paper floating around in mine. I had to stop using big bags as my shoulder aches afterwards plus im tempted to shove more rubbish in it haha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Receipts are my downfall, after I did this post i went back to my old ways and now it's full of rubbish again! I know what you mean, I often get home to find marks on my shoulder!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig