Thursday, 12 February 2015

Life Lately

It's Friday-eve! Hope everyone has been having a good week so far?

Last weekend my friend and I went for some amazing cocktails. I'm a sucker for a cocktail anyway but these were just divine, I love it when they go the extra mile with decoration, it makes all the difference. The bar is a 1920's, Prohibition themed bar with table service, jazz playing in the background, and a mismatched 'living room' feel.


After mine and Ben's mini break (also last weekend) we made a stop off to a lovely place called Portmeirion. It's a very unique, purpose built village contained in a small area, modelled on an Italian village, full of bright colours and cobbled winding paths. It also overlooks a gorgeous beach. It's really unlike almost anywhere else. The 1970's TV show 'The Prisoner' was filmed there and now it's open to the public. There's also a hotel and some lovely cottages to stay in. I'd highly recommend it if you're ever in the North Wales area.


There's a lovely Italian cafe there where Ben and I had some lovely home-made pizzas for lunch. Mine was goats cheese and caramelised red onion - heaven!


Finally a few other snippets from my week; 

Another lovely sunset on my run, (somehow I'm still dragging myself out)
A healthy(ish) Wetherspoons breakfast of Eggs Royale to soak up my cocktail frenzy,
My new nails - I love love love Shellac's new range of colours, and this is 'Wild Moss',
This lovely floral garden candle I picked up from Waitrose last night. It smells gorgeous and is included in part of their Valentines offer, in place of wine. I would usually have the wine but as the candle's RRP is £9.99 I thought I'd treat myself.

What have you all been up to this week? 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. That bar sounds amazing! I'd love to go there. Your nails look gorgeous too, that's such a lovely colour!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fab! Love something a bit different! I love the colour too, can't stop looking at them haha!

      Delete
  2. Great post <3 nice blog <3
    follow to follow on blogger?
    Starts you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes they were so good, want more already!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig