Thursday, 5 February 2015

Review: Benefit 'Roller Lash' Mascara

I've read all about this mascara on various other blogs over the last few days. I do like Benefit cosmetics, although if I'm honest I don't think all of them are quite worth the hype (and price) but as chance would have it, I've been in the market for a new mascara, and so when I found out that Elle magazine were actually giving a sample size of their new mascara away, I decided to give it a go.

As its only 3.0g, my thinking was "great, I can give it a go, and it'll be ideal for travel. If I like it enough, I'll buy it full size when it comes out in 4 weeks". 

This mascara is being touted as a "soon-to-be-cult" product, and it's revolutionary as its the first mascara to have a 'Hook n Roll' wand, designed to grab the lashes and curl them, thus making the use of eyelash curlers redundant. Personally, I'll still be using my curlers as I didn't notice a huge difference in my lashes, even after 2 coats.


I'm not blessed with naturally thick, curly lashes anyway, and I've yet to find any mascara on the market that rectifies this. I always have to use false lashes when I go out, and sadly I think I'll probably still have to. It's a nice mascara (I much prefer it to 'Bad Gal' already) but for me, it just doesn't have the desired effect of making my lashes genuinely curl and look fuller. 


I like the packaging, Benefit always make aesthetically pleasing products, and I love the way they always play on words. I am a sucker for some eye catching cosmetics, and this ticks the boxes.


I think it's great that Benefit have given it as a free gift, as for £4 it's great value. I do generally find their products rather on the expensive side. Marketing wise it's also genius, because everybody is talking about it!

I would buy 'Roller Lash', I think it's a nice, dark mascara that isn't too thick and clumpy. But I've resigned myself to the fact that my straight, fine lashes will have to live to see another day. 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I really liked the sample of roller lash, I agree it's better than bad gal. I've also nominated you for the versatile blogger award. If you'd like to take part here's my link http://sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nomination! I've done my post now :) I think I was a bit quick to judge roller lash now, because its really grown on me in the last few days.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I have to try this mascara . I fell in love for your post , it's really interesting
    New post , I hope you enjoy it
    http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/2015/02/red-lips.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it, you'll love it Im sure!

      Delete
  3. I've been really wanting to try this, but I didn't actually expect it to be able to curl lashes - sounds like a good mascara even so!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely adding a slight curl to my poker straight ones so Im sure it'll work wonders on people with Curlier lashes than mine!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig