Tuesday, 10 February 2015

The Lake Country House & Spa

Ben and I went for a night away at the weekend. For Christmas, my parents bought us an overnight stay in a beautiful spa hotel in Mid Wales.

The sun was shining so seemed like an ideal time to put the roof down for the first time this year and take to the beautiful mountain roads.


It was a really lovely day, everywhere looked crisp in the bright sun.


(Photos taken on gopro by Ben Walker©)

It was a really long drive, so by the time we arrived it was getting close to sunset. The hotel had some ridiculously cute dogs who came out to greet us when we arrived, they loved Ben, haha.


The hotel was absolutely stunning; full of tradition and old-school glamour, very grand but without being austere. Our room was huge - with an amazing view of the grounds and a huge bathroom. 


There was a hot tub on the roof which we had to ourselves, and a pool. It was pretty idyllic watching the sun set from the roof.


After that we went for dinner, a 4 course a la carte menu served in the dining room which made me feel like I was in Downton Abbey. The food was incredible, and I tried pigeon and rabbit for the first time - surprisingly nice! 


The next morning we went for a stroll around the grounds after breakfast. A blanket of frost had fallen overnight which made the whole place feel magical and almost like a fairy-land. We could hear the ground crunching under our feet as we walked towards the frozen lake. It was absolutely stunning.


(Photo by Ben Walker Photography ©)

We absolutely loved our stay, and would come back in a heartbeat. In fact, I wish I was there right now, it truly was a beautiful winter mini break.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. looks like you had a wonderful weekend! what a lovely place!
    following you on bloglovin' and twitter. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was beautiful!
      I'm following you back now, great blog!

      Lucy x
      Yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had a lovely time! So jealous of your hotel and those dogs are adorable!

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I so wish I was back there! And I wanted to take the dogs home with me!

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures! The hotel looks amazing!

    Hannah x
    Paloma in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was really amazing! Loved every minute!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig