Saturday, 7 February 2015

The Versatile Blogger / Liebster Award

I've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Award by the lovely ladies at Sophie's Little Secrets and Armani Leigh (THANK YOU!) so I thought I would do a combined post for both.

I'm really touched to be nominated as I haven't been blogging all that long, and it's lovely to know that people have taken the time to read my blog! I've also been enjoying discovering all the other amazing blogs out there, so here goes!

So here's how it works...
1. Thank the person who gave you this award, and leave a link to their blog.
2. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself (VB Award)
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you (Liebster Award)
4. Select 5 bloggers that you've recenty discovered or follow regularly.
5. Nominate those 5 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.

7 Facts About Me:
1. I grew up being a massive Beatles fan and was named after the song 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds'.
2. I'm scared of water but one of my proudest moments was conquering it to swim with dolphins.
3. When I was about 4 I decided I was going to marry Freddie Mercury. Hmm.
4. I have more than 200 pairs of shoes.
5. I've been to the top of the tallest building in the world (Burj Khalifa)
6. I've got a phobia of 2p coins. Bleugh.
7. My ultimate goal in life is to own a VW Campervan. 

11 Questions from Armani Leigh:
1. What is your favourite sweet/candy?
I'm not a massive sweet lover, but I do love chocolate, and if it's orange flavoured chocolate then even better! Give me a Terry's chocolate orange and an orange hot chocolate and I'll be your friend for life.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I love to write, and I love hearing about other people's experiences/recommendations so I thought I'd try and combine the two. I was writing a lot of travel reviews, and so I thought maybe there would be a place where I could combine my love of travel (and mini breaks) as well as my favourite beauty products, and learn about other people's at the same time. And so my blog was born! 
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
In real life, my Mum. She's amazing. But I have an enormous girl crush on Gwen Stefani and have been obsessed with her since I was 13, so I would say her. I love everything about her.
4. Favourite Disney character?
Now this is really tough because I love all things Disney! Maybe Cinderella, because she got to go to the ball, bag the man of her dreams and get herself an amazing pair of shoes in the process. 
5. Where would you like to visit?
There's so many places I'd love to see. I would definitely say Iceland, and also Japan, because I find the culture and history so fascinating. Also Hawaii, because I love the beach life and wouldn't mind living there (wishful thinking)
6. What is your favourite quote?
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night" by Gallileo. I've been planning this as a tattoo for the last 3 years but still haven't got round to it. 
Also "some birds aren't meant to be caged...their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up rejoices" from the Shawshank Redemption. Gets me every time!
7. What 4 words would you use to describe you?
Chatty, dramatic, empathetic and loyal.
8. What do you carry in your make up bag?
Smashbox primer, Chanel foundation, maxfactor concealer, touché éclat, Benefit 'celebutante' palette, Smashbox eyeliner and Benefit mascara. At the moment!
9. What's your favourite piece of clothing and why?
Oh god. I just don't know. Too many! I have a lovely beaded flapper dress from River Island that I love, but can't wear often as its too memorable, so I'll say that.
10. What season would best describe you and why?
I would say Autumn - crisp walks, hot chocolate, cosy clothes and bonfire night.
11. What would you rather go without - mascara or foundation?
Mascara, I don't have great lashes anyway, regardless of what I use. I don't have good skin, so I always wear foundation.

Well, this post ended up being a bit epic! I hope I haven't put anyone to sleep yet!

My nominations are:
Tegan - permanentprocrastination.blogspot.com.au
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Thankyou so much for this babe! :D

    I would love to visit Iceland as well & chocolate orange is my fav! :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome lovely! I always have a nose at your blog!

    Lucy x
    Yellowicing.boogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! :) You have sooo many shoes! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig