Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Aurora Borealis

Disclaimer: I apologise in advance for this massive plug, I'm not usually so blatent.

Ben (who is a professional photographer to be fair, therefore us mere mortals don't have the gear OR idea to do this) went out last night to shoot some photos of the amazing Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) because we were told that where we live on Anglesey would have clear views of it last night. And he took this incredible shot of the Aurora behind the lighthouse.



It's making me feel happy just looking at it, I didn't go out with him, but I'm mesmerised by it. 

Did any of you see any of it last night? 

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I thought these only existed in the north pole?!??!?! What is life I have been given all the wrong information

    https://www.bloglovin.com/people/manishaanwari2-11510825

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too! They've been on my bucket list forever!

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful!

    Laura x | lordlaura.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take some credit, but yes it is a beautiful photo, and the sky looks stunning!

      Delete
  3. Woooow! I'm a bit jealous hehe :) if the photo is stunning, what is it like in real life?? x

    AmandaSays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous I didn't go with him! Can imagine the real life view was just as beautiful! x

      Delete
  4. Thanks all :)

    They are the results of solar storms, which during normal sun activity means they are usually only seen at the poles, however during huge solar activity they can be seen further south :)

    I get my storm info from this website:

    http://www.aurora-service.eu/

    Has a handy graphic to show where the storms are :)

    Glad you like the pic, would love some page likes on my photo page if poss! :)

    https://www.facebook.com/BenWalkerPhotos

    Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing! I really want to see the Northern Lights one day :)

    X Marjolein
    http://misscocoblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I get to see them next time!

      Delete
  6. So gorgeous! Some people just have a knack for great photography! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig