Friday, 20 March 2015

Little Pick Me Ups

As its the International Day of Happiness today, I thought I would make a list of those simple pleasures that can't help but lift your mood and make you happy!

1. Matching Underwear


Photo from Pinterest

This sounds so silly, but knowing I have a lovely set of underwear on, even if it's completely plain rather than fancy, really boosts my mood.

2. A Bubble Bath


Photo from Pinterest

I absolutely love soaking in a warm bubble bath, it's just so relaxing, especially if you light some candles and have a cheeky glass of wine. I love having a relaxing night in with a bath, and then smothering myself in moisturiser and putting on some clean PJ's. 
Which leads nicely onto my next point:

3. Clean Sheets 


Photo from Pinterest

Bed is just the best place ever anyway, and I think most of us would snatch an extra hour a night if we could, but is there a better feeling than climbing into fresh, clean sheets? I don't think so. 

4. A Nice Cup of Tea


Photo from Instagram @yellowicing

I'm a tea addict, I just couldn't go a day without a cup of tea. Tea just makes everything better! Especially the first mouthful of a piping hot cuppa. Mmm. I'm already considering going to put the kettle on!

5. Lighting Candles


Photo from Instagram @yellowicing

I'm addicted to candles, they just immediately change the mood and make me feel relaxed. I nearly always have some lit. Having a relaxed room with dim light, candles lit and a hot chocolate is my idea of bliss. 

6. Fresh Flowers


Photo from Instagram @yellowicing

Flowers are just so simple but so effective at cheering me up. They're bright, pretty and smell lovely. What's not to like? 

7. The Sound of the Sea


Photo from Instagram @yellowicing

I'm such a beach bum, and the sound and smell of the sea cleanses my soul like nothing else. It never ceases to pick me up. 

8. Sunrise, Sunset


Photos from Instagram @yellowicing

Never a day goes by where I don't find myself staring at the sky and marvelling at it. Every morning when I drive to work I'm looking out for a pretty sunrise, and likewise on the way home, hoping to catch a glimpse of a stunning sunset.

9. Playing With My Hair


Photo from Pinterest

I love the feeling of having my hair played with, or being stroked. It gives me shivers! It makes me so relaxed I often just fall asleep. 

10. New Books/Notebooks


Photo from Pinterest

Finally, I love starting a new book or diary, the smell of the pages and the crispness is just so satisfying!

What little things cheer you up? 

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I'm with you on all of these. Matching underwear would make me happy if I could find the matching pieces at the same time aha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me feel all warm and fuzzy :) I agree on all of these!! Especially a bubble bath and cup of tea, that's an unbeatable combination :) x

    AmandaSays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! All these little things boost my mood immediately!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, we share so many of the same pick me ups! The baths, the hair stroking, the candles & flowers! Ah, all sounds so lovely & relaxing :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I love it all! Best things in life are free so they say! x

      Delete
  4. Oh my! You are so right on all of these (apart from tea, I don't like tea). As I was reading these, I was like Yes, Yes, YES!!
    This post has made me really happy for some reason, so thanks! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm glad it made you happy, that makes me happy! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. We are so Similar Lucy I had no idea haha. I love ALL of these things. Sunsets and sunrises are AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig