Saturday, 18 April 2015

A Night In Chester

Last week Ben and I went for an overnight stay in Chester. I absolutely LOVE Chester; its so pretty with its bustling, winding little streets, is great for shopping and has seemingly endless bars and restaurants.

A friend of mine told me that there was a new Roomzzz hotel opening, and that they were doing an introductory offer of a room for £30, which is a total steal.

After we had checked in, checked out the room and dumped our stuff we headed into Chester to do some shopping. As I've now finished the 100 Day No Spend challenge (see my post here) I could have gone mad, but with a man in tow its never quite as easy as that! I did a Lush haul (post coming soon) but aside from that I was remarkably restrained! Maybe my shopaholic days are over? (Doubtful)

The hotel itself was super modern and convenient. We had a Superior Studio room which came equipped with a small kitchen (hob, microwave, fridge) a two-seater sofa, and a nifty TV that can be swivelled round to either watch in the room or in bed. We really enjoyed it. I definitely think that style of hotel is the hotel of the future. There's also a Grab & Go breakfast where you pick from a selection of pastries, fruit, juice and coffee and take it back to your room in a brown paper bag.


That evening we ate at The Botanist which I had been dying to try. Its quirky and relaxed with a good atmosphere and an amazing range of cocktails. I had a raspberry & thyme martini and a watermelon sling but it was so difficult to choose. The decor is very shabby-chic and there are loads of nice little touches around the place. We shared a starter and both had burgers, so good.


The sun was shining the next day so we decided to walk around Grosvenor Park and relax in the sun. It was such a lovely stay and really brightened up my week, especially as it was such a bargain.


Have you ever stayed in Roomzzz or eaten at The Botanist? If so, what were your thoughts?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've never been to Chester but it looks lovely, and I'd love to check out the Botanist, too :) x

    AmandaSays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely :) the Botanist is a chain so there are a couple of them dotted across the country x

      Lucy x
      Yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. such a nice post, I'd love to go there :) amazing picures! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah looks like you had an amazing time babe :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I did thank you, nice to get away for a little break! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig