Thursday, 9 April 2015

Couch to 5K Fitness Goals Fails

So, one of my New Years resolutions was to try and get fit. I know, I know - talk about a stereotypical resolution! But for me it isn't necessarily that I'm overweight, more than I have a sedentary office job and simply don't move around anywhere near as much as I should.

I downloaded the Couch to 5K app with good intentions and the first couple of weeks of January were spent chugging along in the freezing rain determined to get back on track. Then life happened.

Because I've been super busy the past few weeks, my fitness has fallen by the wayside. I still go to zumba once a week but the fact that I'm still knackered walking to the shop proves that isn't doing an awful lot of improve my fitness. I can't help feeling down about it and annoyed at myself for not being more dedicated.
So it's back to the drawing board, and starting from scratch. I'm trying to not beat myself up too much about it and just get on it with it instead.

Now the winter is on its way out and spring seems to have sprung hopefully this will motivate me a little more. 


Have any you made fitness a part of your New Years resolutions? How are you getting on with it? 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Well done on getting back on it! I've been doing great whit fitness this year, I'm training for a half marathon in May and have a dreaded 10 mile run on Sunday. Help!

    Good luck with your goals.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Well done you! Good luck with it all!

      Lucy x
      Yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. Good luck with keeping motivated. I find exercise so hard, I get bored really quickly. One thing I did enjoy was just dance and Zumba on the wii. I lost loads of weight doing it and at least I was having fun. I actually bought some sports clothes to motivate me but I haven't even worn them once... I'm too lazy!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so lazy! I keep thinking new gym clothes will help motivate me but no! Haha.

      Lucy x
      Yellowicing@blogspot.co.uk

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig