Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Facial Oils - Worth The Hype?


A few months ago I posted that I'd bought a facial oil to start using instead of a moisturiser (read it here) and I wanted to give it a few months to really get used to it before blogging about it.

In all honesty, I haven't noticed much difference, my skin feel hydrated after using it (I only use it before bed, I still use a regular day cream in the morning) but I haven't really noticed any improvement to the overall condition of my skin.

I researched facial oils before I started using mine and many reviews said they were the best thing ever and far better than a moisturiser, but I really think day and night creams give better results. For the first few nights it seemed great, but now it doesn't seem to do much at all.

Now, it could simply be down to the fact that mine is cheap (£2.99) and the Cosmo Picks are all around the £20 mark, but I'm reluctant to spend out on one if I'm going to see genuine results. The one I'm using from Waitrose has had mixed reviews, a few bloggers think its amazing, but several say they aren't that impressed.

Have you use facial oils? Have I got it all wrong?! If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them!

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I've never tried facial oils but I've seen a lot of people's review about them. It's a shame that this one wasn't up to scratch, it's surprising because Waitrose products are supposed to be good quality! x

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's what I thought too, mind you for the price I suppose I might have been expecting too much!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I tried one from the body shop and I broke out so I couldn't use it. I think my skin just doesn't respond well to extra oil haha which is a shame as I'd love to be able to use one. Hopefully you'll find a one that you like soon!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have strange skin, it can be quite dry but also seems to respond badly to the extra oil. I've given it a go now, so might have a break and then shop around for another!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. My skin is very dry, so facial oils make a huge difference to my skin. It feels soft and smooth the next day. I like to use coconut oil :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you have seen some benefit, I'm hoping I'll find another one that works better. Coconut oil is so amazing, I haven't tried using it on my face though so might give it a go!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Aw that sucks, I've heard good things but I think it depends on the type.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig