Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Liverpool Haul - Miss Selfridge Summer Collection

Over the Bank Holiday weekend I went on a bit of a spree which I haven't done in ages because I've had a spending ban in place. Now that chapter of my life is safely behind me I can shop again (yay) and have got together a bit of a haul. 

I went to Miss Selfridge and their summer collection is amazing. I wanted so many things, but they're not particularly cheap (I'm sure they used to be cheaper...) so I had to exercise some restraint.

GOLD BELT PLAYSUIT £49.00


I bought this nude playsuit because I basically love playsuits and haven't bought one in ages. When I first tried it on I was worried it was a bit He Man but now I really like it. Its got a skirt effect over the shorts which make it a little different, its versatile too as it would look amazing with heels for a night out, or sandals, gold jewellery and a tan on holiday.

JACQUARD SHORTS £30.00


I love wearing shorts, and if they're high waisted then even better as they hide a multitude of sins. I had a pair of white shorts already that I've worn loads, but I felt they were starting to look a little dated and I wanted ones that were a bit more 'flowy' rather than the cycling shorts hot pants look my others had. I know I'll get loads of wear out of them, dressed up or down, and I also bought them primarily to go with....

BLOSSOM WRAP SHELL TOP £25.00


Which ties in nicely with my final item, this lovely top. I was worried it would be too cropped for me (I'm definitely not exactly belly confident) but with the high waisted shorts and the cut of this top, its actually really flattering and slimming. The top has an asymmetrical hem which isn't too clear in the photo, but I love it, its so summery and fresh.

I also bought some Guerlain Base Perfecter (see my full post here) which I'm in love with, and its the only product of theirs I allowed myself to have (thank God I had a refund voucher to allow me to go wild in the aisles of Debenhams with all this!) and also bought a few homeware bits, but they'll be another post as this is turning a bit epic!

What do you think of my haul?
Have you seen anything you fancy in the Miss Selfridge summer collection?


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I like the crisp simple allure these pieces have, perfect to stay cool during the summer. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm hoping they'll be simple and versatile to get lots of wear out of!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I love that Blossom Wrap Shell Top! It's so pretty!

    X Marjolein
    http://misscocoblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love the cut of it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. these are so cute, perfect for spring/summer!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get into summer clothes at long last!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Those shorts are so pretty! I have a habit of sitting on wet benches when I'm out, I never check them so I'd be terrified to sit down aha. Love that playsuit too, I agree it would look stunning with a tan and some gold jewellery

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, noooo a wet bum is the worst! Especially in white! I usually spill drinks all over myself too which is never good!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. What a lovely haul, I adore the playsuit! :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, just hope the weather picks up enough to wear it soon!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig