Tuesday, 26 May 2015

LVL Lash Treatment

Last week I booked myself in for an LVL Lash treatment at my local salon.

What is LVL?

LVL stands for Length, Volume, Lift and is a completely natural enhancement that doesn't require perming or extensions. It uses silicone shields and a gel formula to gently lift and straighten the lashes, rather than curling them. 
Because I have long but poker straight lashes, no amount of curlers or mascaras ever make my lashes really curl and stand out, I always have to use false lashes on special occasions, and have had semi permanent lashes put on once or twice (last time the superglue lived up to its name and literally glued a stray lash steadfastly to my own which meant it had to be almost cut out and I lost several lashes in the process, owww)
Needless to say I was eager to give this a go, and as I had a £10 voucher to use against the £49 cost, I decided to treat myself.

The Treatment

The treatment lasted around an hour, and I definitely wouldn't describe it as pleasant or relaxing. Your eyes are almost taped shut as they have to protect the bottom lashes as well as the eye itself, so I had plasters all over my eyes which made me feel a little twitchy! A gel is applied that smells quite strongly (you have to have a patch test beforehand) and then the lashes are bent back on themselves and held down with the gel to stretch them. It isn't painful or uncomfortable, but it feels really odd and I found it quite difficult to relax.

Lisa Eldridge has posted a video about her experience with LVL, which shows clearly what's going on during it, because obviously its hard to tell exactly what they're doing yourself. You can watch it here

The Result

The change in my lashes is really noticeable, they look significantly longer and more dramatic (they also get tinted during the course of the treatment) The treatment costs £49 so its not all that cheap, but the results are supposed to last 6-8 weeks so it isn't too bad. You aren't allowed to get them wet for the first 24 hours, but after that you can wash your face as normal and also use mascara if  you like.


What do you think? Have you had LVL Lashes before?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. The process sounds a bit scary but your lashes do look incredible! I'd love to be able to wake up with fluttery lashes haha, I may have to watch Lisa Eldridge's video first and consider it

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its really not pleasant but the results are amazing, its so nice not having to spend much time on my eye make up in the morning!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow they look really cool! This would be great for special occasions!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New header looks great btw! ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Yeah it's a bit of a 'non-essential' treatment but it's nice for an occasion!
      Thanks - I love it! It looks loads better!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig