Saturday, 2 May 2015

Overthinking - How To Massively Amplify Every Situation

Overthinking. It's something so many of us do, for so little gain. 
I've always been a deep thinker, and it seems to be something that gets worse for me the older I get. Sometimes I feel more like an angsty teenager now than I did when I actually was an angsty teenager! 

I worry and overthink about so many pointless things I end up annoying myself sometimes, and have had problems sleeping because I can't seem to switch my damn brain off. I do have a really stressful job, and whereas I used to be able to leave it at the door now it consumes me out of work (not the physical work, but the stress associated with it)

I'm a very emotional person, someone who thinks emotionally and absorbs other people's emotions, which means my own needs often take a back seat. I feel like I've got my life all out of sync lately, wasting too much time on the unimportant things and neglecting the things that matter, and I need to redress some balance in my life. 

I've definitely been spending too much time in my head lately, feeling quite low and lost and procrastinating. I think I've lost a lot of confidence in myself as a person and it manifests in many different ways. 
One of my New Years resolutions was to try and step away from pointlessly stressful situations; recently, a few friendships have imploded, and it's felt like a massive storm that has been far reaching and affected so many different people needlessly. I've felt like I've been ducking and diving trying to get out of its wake (despite having nothing to do with me directly) Who needs that kind of drama in their life, really?!

I apologise for the miserable post, I just felt like I needed to vent on my little slice of the Internet. I've been taking inspiration from Pinterest, there's nothing like pinning a few cliche quotes to put a girl in a better mood! 





SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I honestly felt a bit of déjà vu reading this post because I am exactly the same! I am terrible at overthinking, to the point that I can make myself really angry or really sad, just by thinking! It's so horrible. But I'm trying to change that, so if I consciously catch myself thinking bad stuff I really make an effort to think of something nice, but this can be hard because sometimes you're on a stream of negative thought before you realise you've been doing it, if you see what I mean. Hope you feel better soon! I often listen to an audiobook to help me drift off to sleep because otherwise I'm up for hours, so I know what it's like to have trouble sleeping. Sending positive thoughts your way xxx

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Its so horrible isn't it, I do it all the time. Trying hard to be better though and stop negative thoughts midflow before they escalate.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I feel you. I tend to over think the most at night, when I'm trying to fall asleep. It's like everything comes pouring out of my brain. I've found that putting a movie or show on in the background at night helps me tune out my words & instead fall asleep to the voices of someone else. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know how you feel, thoughts churn through my mind at night. keeping the TV on is a good idea :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. I feel you. I tend to over think the most at night, when I'm trying to fall asleep. It's like everything comes pouring out of my brain. I've found that putting a movie or show on in the background at night helps me tune out my words & instead fall asleep to the voices of someone else. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig