Monday, 18 May 2015

Pre-Interview Jitters

Image taken from Pinterest

Sorry I've been a bit slow on the blogging front this last week or so, life seems to have caught up with me and everything has rushed by in a blur!
I've got an interview on Tuesday *screaming face emoji* and its filling me with dread.
It's been SO LONG since I've had an interview and I'm feeling so nervous, so far the avoidance tactic has been working out quite well for me, but its time to face the music.
It's one of those awful competency based interviews where you have to prep, and they give you a couple of 'buzzwords' (6 in my case) and ask you to talk about each one, and give examples etc. And it's in front of a panel. Cringe.

ALL I want to do is put my PJ's and some fluffy socks on, wrap myself up in blankets and watch Netflix with a large cup of tea. 

I've been trying to think of relaxation techniques, I'm generally a worrier at the best of times. So here are a few tips to help you relax before a big nerve-wracking event (this is what's working for me anyway)

A Nice Hot Bubble Bath

Image taken from Pinterest

There aren't many more relaxing things than running a nice hot bath and soaking your stresses away. Fill your bath with beautifully scented bubbles, or better yet an aromatherapy bubble bath or bath salts, which will relax you (and help you get some all important sleep) and also leave you smelling great with lovely soft skin, ready to take on the world.

Curling Up With A Cuppa

Image taken from Pinterest

There are few things in life a cup of tea (or hot choc) can't cure, so boil the kettle, fill your favourite mug, and curl up on the sofa and give yourself  5 mins of 'you' time. It'll help keep your mind focused too as well as tasting lovely. Treat yourself to a biscuit too! 

Lighting Scented Candles

Image taken from Pinterest

I adore scented candles and hardly ever don't have them lit, for me they're perfect for creating a relaxing, peaceful environment and smell gorgeous too. Chill out (even better with some music) by candlelight, and let your worries and stresses drift away, at least for a while anyway!

Well, I'm off to take my own advice on board. Wish me luck! Argh, gonna need it.


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh hunni, good luck! These things are always terrifying but I'm sure you'll do fabulously. Just remember the breathing techniques & do some research beforehand & you'll be fine xx

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! So glad it's over with, hate interviews!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Good luck Lucy!! These are awesome relaxing tips, and you should do all of them :) also, worrying won't help anyone, so try not to think about it, get in there with your head held high, just do your best. When I'm in a scary situation I always think "this too shall pass". Sending you positive thoughts :) x

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Thankfully it's over with now, as you say there's no point worrying over these things, what's done is done!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig