Saturday, 6 June 2015

A Night in Manchester

A couple of nights ago, my Mum and I headed off for an overnight girly stay in Manchester. I'm extremely close to my Mum, so we always try and squeeze in a couple of these little breaks a year.

We stayed at The Renaissance in Deansgate, I stayed there before a few years ago when seeing Muse and it stuck in my mind as being a lovely hotel, it can be rather pricey but we were lucky enough to find an offer so of course we snapped it up. Location wise it's perfect, but also its the kind of hotel where you really feel like you've had a treat, it has possibly THE most comfy beds in the world for a start, as well as a really lovely bar to enjoy a cocktail or two.


Anyone who regularly reads my blog will know that I'm a complete cocktail fiend, so of course we had to sample the menu! I went for a cosmopolitan (you can't beat a classic) and my Mum had a Mai Tai.



After our mid afternoon cocktail and a bit of a chill, we headed out to eat before going to see Maroon 5 at the Manchester Arena. I went on Vouchercloud before we left the hotel to search for local deals, and Bella Italia have an amazing offer on at the moment where if you order any main meal off the main menu, you get another main meal for £1! (offer valid until 30/06/15)


Maroon 5 were brilliant, I went to see them on their first UK tour which I worked out was nearly 11 years ago now which makes me feel very, very old! 

I would definitely recommend The Renaissance for an overnight stay, the service is also amazing, when we got back last night it was pouring with rain (Hello June!) and we were greeted at the door with a warm towel by the concierge! Little things like that make such a difference. Also, I forgot to mention that the toiletries they use smell amazing, so for the potential freebies alone I'd book again! 






SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Aw it looks like you both have so much fun together! That bed does look really comfy! I wonder how hotel beds make their beds so comfy, there's got to be a secret haha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks we do! We had a fab time

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Manchester before, I'd like go to some day also jealous you got to see maroon 5! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manchester is great, you'd love it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Aww, it's lovely that you and your mum do things like this :) Manchester looks great, and what a lovely hotel! I'm really close to my mum too, I should do something like this with her sometime. We go on shopping and lunch dates quite a bit, but we haven't been on a trip like this, it's a lovely idea :) x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, it's lovely that you're close to your mum too, we shop around online to get good deals, it's always worth a try!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Great post, looks like a great time. The drinks look delicious as well.

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great time, and the cocktails were gorgeous!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Cool isn't it! I loved the decor!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. I love how close you are to your mam and make an effort to have girly nights away a couple times a year, I wish I could afford to do the same with my mam! The hotel bed does look super comfy! Glad you had a great time :)
    It'sMyLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam, we had a lovely time. Wish I was back there chilling in that bed now!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. Great post
    would you like to follow each other? I'll follow back after it. www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah i adore manchester! it's one of my favourite cities

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a USA beauty giveaway inc lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it, so much to see and do!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  9. I love Manchester! Looks like you had a fantastic time.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the super late reply! Yes it was fab thank you!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig