Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Date Night at The Oyster Catcher

You know that old piece of advice that people give saying that nagging doesn't work? Well, sometimes it does, sometimes it works very well indeed! Ha.

Last week Ben took me out for dinner to a local place called The Oyster Catcher (the clue is in the title of this blog really) after I nagged. Basically he owed promised me a meal in a restaurant of my choice and I chose this place. I've been a couple of times before but not for ages, and its exactly my kind of place.


The food is really good, its mostly locally sourced seafood and fresh fish. I had the rainbow trout which was amazing, Ben had steak. His starter was local mussels and I went for Thai fishcakes. Both yummy!


I also really like the d├ęcor, its comfortable and beachy, modern yet still cosy. It's glass fronted so there are panoramic views and you can see the sun setting.


On the deck they have these really cute little individual beach huts with tables inside, like outdoor booths. I really want to get a group of us together and come and drink wine in the sun over the summer.


The photos were taken on my iPhone so the quality isn't amazing, but it was a really nice evening and I'm looking forward to coming back!




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award, check it out over on my blog :)
    --
    http://prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/the-versatile-blogger-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, this reminded me of the quote, "Ladies, if a man says he will fix it, he will. There's no need to remind him every six months."
    Jokes aside, it does look like a lovely restaurant, and I'm glad you had a nice time, Lucy :) x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's so true! He definitely needs a prod in the right direction every 6 months or so!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig