Saturday, 20 June 2015

Fleetwood Mac Live - A Tick off the Ol Bucket List

As I mentioned in a post last week, I got the chance to fulfil a lifelong dream and see Fleetwood Mac live in Birmingham.

I'm a massive music fan, I can't go more than an hour without listening to music, and I'm a bit of a granny in my musical tastes as I generally much prefer 'the classics' to modern day music (there are some exceptions obviously)

I've always felt I belonged in the 70's and was born in the wrong era, and I grew up listening to Fleetwood Mac as my Mum played 'Tango in the Night' seemingly constantly, and I do think being exposed to our parents tastes from a young age help influence ours too. Anyway, I digress.


We arrived in Birmingham in the late afternoon and checked in to our hotel (the Premier Inn near the NEC) Due to a mix-up at the hotel restaurant, we walked down the road to a really quaint little pub called The Little Owl and had food and a drink there. 


Once we were in our seats with an ice cold beer in our hands, the show began, and it was 2.5 hours of pure heaven, I just wanted time to stand still so I could enjoy it forever! I loved every minute of it, and hearing 'Everywhere' (my favourite song of ALL TIME) performed live gave me goosebumps. This was the first tour in 16 years featuring the full line up, so hearing Christine McVie (my fave) singing that song was just a pure snapshot moment for me.


SLR's were understandably banned, which was a shame for Ben as he wanted to try and get some really good shots, so we used our phones instead. These pictures don't do it justice at all, the atmosphere in the arena was electric.

We floated back to the hotel on a complete high and debriefed in the bar - my highlights were 'Everywhere' and an amazing instrumental extended ending of 'Gold Dust Woman'; while Ben's were 'The Chain' (which they opened with) and a massive (possibly drug fuelled) drum solo from Mick Fleetwood which seemed to go on forever, but both of us agreed the whole show was just beyond amazing, and an unforgettable experience.

I'm not sure we'll ever get the opportunity to see them tour again (they actually cancelled the following nights show due to illness so I feel unbelievably lucky to have seen them) but if not, this will definitely go down as one of the best nights of my life.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Looks like you had an amazing time babe. Nothing beats hearing your favourite band sing live x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely did, thank you lovely! Was an amaxing night/

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig