Monday, 29 June 2015

Life Lately Through My Camera Roll


Wowsers, a bonus little blog post. I've been scheduling my posts (writing them a few at a time and posting around every other day) but tonight I decided to take a quick break from Netflix (I'm supposed to be working but never can if Netflix is on!) and decided to pop this up instead. 

1. A very pretty sunset I saw when I came out of the theatre last week. I'd been to see 'Woman in Black' which was SO good and atmospheric on stage.

2. As I was off work last week, I popped for a facial at my local spa. I told her I've been suffering from break outs around my temple and am a little bit pink from the holiday sun, she did a lovely and relaxing aromatherapy facial. 

3. Tasty lunch at the spa. Poached salmon with lemon juice on rustic white bread, with a side of chips. Gorgeous!

4. Yeah, there's a lot of food been consumed while I was off! We found the most lovely little traditional tea room not far from where I live and had a scone and sandwich there. Best. Scone. Ever! And SUCH a hidden gem too!

5. On Saturday night I had a night out with my bestie, we planned on being really rock and roll but really just sat putting the world to rights over a bottle of red wine instead, funny how nights out change as you get older...no stumbling home bare foot with a portion of cheesy chips for us! 

6. Yesterday morning I mopped up said wine with possibly the hugest breakfast bap known to man, even I hit the wall eventually.

7. Ben and I went for a walk yesterday afternoon and saw this lovely flower. It was the anniversary of my nana passing away so it kinda seemed a bit symbolic to throw it into the water and watch it float away.

8. During our walk we also popped into the tea room on the pier, it's so quaint and traditional and serves amazing cakes....

9. ....Which leads me nicely on to the lemon drizzle tray bake I just *had* to try.


So there's my week in photos, what have you been up to? 
And I'm going dedicate this post to my lovely Nana, who is still always in my thoughts. My mum made this lovely bouquet :) 
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. The sky in the first image is sooo pretty!

    Jodie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was gorgeous!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I'd love to go and see Woman in Black, especially now that you've confirmed it's actually good! The lemon drizzle looks so delish! I know exactly what you mean about nights out changing as you get older, going out and getting totally sloshed just doesn't seem as appealing as it used to any more, for some reason. Lovely photos, Lucy :) x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it! I wasn't sure how it could be done onstage but it's really good! The cake was amazing! No I much prefer a more civilised night these days!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. This is fun! I enjoyed catching a glimpse into someone else's week through pictures. :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love doing that too!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Mmmm I am most definitely drooling over all that tasty grub. I've been eating super clean this week, so that looks delightful. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't usually eat out so much! I need to do some clean eating!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Mmmm I am most definitely drooling over all that tasty grub. I've been eating super clean this week, so that looks delightful. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photos number 1 and 7 are my absolutely favorites.... they are beautiful!!

    http://justohana.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm lucky to have such beautiful surroundings!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. I would LOVE a spa day right about now... and a lemon drizzle cake! yum.

    Dannah | Australian lifestyle blog
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the cake was indecisive! And I wish I was back at the spa right now!

      Lucy x- Yellowicing

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig