Friday, 12 June 2015

Life Lately Through My Camera Roll

So it feels like I've been up to loads lately, well in the last week or so anyway. In some ways my life has definitely slowed down, but I've had quite a lot of things booked that have all come around at the same time, so here's what I've been up to:

Last week, I went to Manchester for an overnight stay (full post here)  and then on Thursday we went out for a family meal to celebrate my Mum's birthday. 
We went to The Tavern on the Bay which is a local gastro-pub, located right on the beach. Its so lovely there, and the food is great. After some cocktails to begin with (obviously!) I had breaded halloumi with a pineapple chutney to start, baked avocado with veggie ragu and sweet potato fries as a main, and then elderflower crème brulee for dessert. I don't usually eat a pure veggie meal but I'm trying to eat a little healthier lately, and it was amazing.


As it was a nice night, we all decided to walk back along the beach. The sky was beautiful, I always feel so lucky to live where I do when I look at the sky.


On Saturday night, I went to see Elton John who was performing an outdoor show nearby. We don't get all that many big stars performing around her often, so it was much excitement all round. He (and his sparkly purple suit) were brilliant.


On Monday, I fulfilled a lifelong dream, and went to see Fleetwood Mac in Birmingham with Ben. I was still pinching myself about it during the show, it was incredible. Seriously one of the best nights of my life, and even more special because they cancelled their second gig the following night so we were really lucky. I'll write a more detailed blog about it soon.


We stayed overnight in Birmingham after the show, and the next morning decided to find somewhere nice to stop off and break up the journey home. We stopped off in a gorgeous little village in Shropshire (it was picture perfect, so quaint) and visited Benthall Hall which is a National Trust property. We walked around the house and gardens and had a scone and a hot chocolate sitting outside. It was a lovely way to spend a day off work.


To round up my gig-filled fortnight, me and some friends went to see Blur last night. I grew up on a lot of their songs so it was amazing to see them live. After this music splurge I have NO gigs lined up for the foreseeable future!


How has your week been?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. How lovely that you went to see Elton John and Fleetwood Mac!! I can imagine, I'd be pinching myself too! Elderflower crème brûlée sounds just delicious :) x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were both incredible! It was unusual I must admit, but really tasty!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I'm still really jealous about Fleetwood Mac! I once sang go your own way on karaoke and they pulled the plug on me haha, so bad! I can't wait to see your holiday photos!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! At least you have some street cred with your karaoke choices, I used to sing "wake me up before you go go" all the time at uni, horrific!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig