Sunday, 14 June 2015

My Travel Bucket List

Hello lovelies! 
I'm a huge fan of travel as some of you may know (I'm actually on my hols as this post goes live!) and if I'm not saving, planning or booking a holiday, I'm dreaming about it! I've been whiling away a few hours on Pinterest with a cup of tea in hand imagining where I would visit if money was no object, and I've drawn my top 5 ultimate wishlist travel destinations:

Istanbul

Annoyingly, I booked a holiday to Istanbul 2 years ago, but let myself get spooked by the news (there was a lot of unrest and rioting at the time) and the travel agent was a bit on the fence about it all, so I ended up not going and have regretted it ever since! I've been to Turkey before (Marmaris) which is much more of a touristy, beach resort destination, and I'm absolutely dying to visit Istanbul. I love the beautiful rich colours, the stunning achitecture (the Sultan Ahmed Mosque is up there as my #1 place to visit) and the vibrant look of the city, filled with bazaars and winding streets. I also really want to take a boat ride across the Bosphorus so I can travel from Europe and Asia on one small journey.


Iceland

I must say, this is probably the place I want to visit more than any other, I've been dreaming of Iceland for years now! I love cold snowy countries, and I would love to see the Northern Lights (if I was lucky enough to) I couldn't stop marvelling over all these photos on Pinterest, my dream holiday would be to stay in the Ice Hotel, or one of those outdoor pods in the first picture, and visit the blue lagoon. Definitely number one on my bucket list.


Japan

I've always been fascinated by Japanese culture, its just so incredibly beautiful and other-wordly. I love the ancient traditions and beautiful scenery, as well as the modern and hi-tech parts of the city. I remember reading Memoirs of a Geisha and making a pact to myself to visit one day, I think it would be a once in a lifetime trip.


Russia 

OK, so I know all things considered this probably isn't the ideal place to visit right now, but the scenery and architecture in Russia is undeniably stunning. St Basil's Cathedral is like something from a fairytale! I'd love to visit St Petersberg and Moscow, and just see it in the flesh, it looks incredible.


Australia

This is on the wishlist, but I accept this is probably just a pipe dream! I'd love to visit Australia at some point in my life; the white sandy beaches, Great Ocean Road, Ayres Rock, Great Barrier Reef, Byron Bay, Sydney Opera House... the list is endless. It would be an amazing adventure, and also being the biggest Neighbours fan I know, it would be like a pilgrimage! Maybe some day :)


I've had so much fun scouring Pinterest for beautiful photos, I literally couldn't stop! It hasn't done my constant sense of Wanderlust much good!
Where's on your travel bucket list / wish list?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Australia is at the top of my list! Japan would be very interesting too.
    Just to let you know I've nominate you for the Freestyle Writing Challenge right here http://www.amandasays.org.uk/2015/06/freestyle-writing-challenge-happiness/ so I hope you'll take part :)

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Amanda, I'll check it out! Been away so playing catch up now! :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Is it weird that we have almost the exact same travel list haha? I would LOVE to go to Japan. I will be sooo happy when I am there. NYC is also high on my bucket list. I hope that I will go to one of these places next year! :)

    X Marjolein
    http://misscocoblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, great minds think alike! I've been to NYC, it's amazing, you would love it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. I've been watching the new Netflix show Sense8 and one of the characters is in Iceland and it's so beautiful! I would love to go!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that show, I'll have to add it to my long Netflix list! Oh I so wanna go!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. I would love to go to Australia! It looks amazing x :)

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, hopefully some day!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. I am from Moscow myself, and I'm really glad that people still want to visit it despite all the political stuff that's going on. I might be biased, but I think this city is definitely worth seeing :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your city looks truly beautiful!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig