Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Review: Bootea 14 Day Teatox



I wouldn't say I'm particularly 'overweight', but my sedentary lifestyle (sit in work, sit at home, bed) and then eating the wrong foods and probably drinking too much sometimes, have all contributed in making me gain weight over the last year, mainly around my belly.

I'm not very fit, and I've yet to find a sport I enjoy enough to keep finding motivation for, so with that in mind and the summer looming, I decided to give the Bootea Teatox a try. 

I bought the 28 day pack (£34.99 from Holland & Barratt) but decided to cut it into two 14 day detoxes to use pre and post holiday. They appealed because I like tea, the ingredients aren't too scary, and aside from maintaining a balanced diet with moderate exercise, you don't have to do anything extreme alongside the detox. 


The girl in the shop told me that the night time teas (taken every other night) contain a laxative to help cleanse your colon and diffuse bloating, seeing as I suffer from an almost constant bloat, this sounded great to me.

I drank my first 'Daytime Detox' (containing Chinese oolong tea, ginger root, fennel seeds, dandelion, ginseng and nettle leaves) on a Saturday morning. I wasn't looking forward to it as I hate green tea but it was surprisingly pleasant. 
The 'Bedtime Cleanse' (containing peppermint, liquorice senna leaves and Valerian root) was also better than expected. I hate liquorice but the peppermint was strong enough to mostly disguise it.

I then drank the morning tea every morning (it doesn't have to be a set time, just whenever you can) for 14 days, with the night tea every other day, starting on day 1.  The diet advises you to cut out meat and alcohol as they contain the toxins you're trying to lose, but I took a 'everything in moderation' approach as I knew I wouldn't maintain never having meat or alcohol again afterwards. I cut down on my snacks, limited my alcohol intake and stuck mostly to white meat (and fish) as well as slightly upping my dog walks. 

I felt great while I was doing the detox, I had more energy, and my mind seemed clearer. I didn't lose any weight though although around day 10 I noticed the laxative effect for the first time (I won't traumatise you by going into too much detail but it was nothing drastic that resulting in me rushing to the bathroom. I did have more, err, 'frequency' for the last 3 days though) and that seemed to reduce some of the bloat.

In terms of weight loss, all in all I wouldn't rush out to buy Bootea for that purpose as I don't think it's anywhere near as effective as the poster campaign smeared all over Facebook lets you believe, but I did feel good on it, and I possibly didn't get the optimum benefit as I didn't stick to doing the diet by the book. 

I'm going to start on the next 14 days and try and do more exercise to see if I notice a difference.

Have you tried Bootea? What were your thoughts? 


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I was going to try bootea but after hearing it cancels out the contraceptive pill I'm going to give it a miss haha. I'm glad it made you feel better though!
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah that is a downside! If I hadn't come off mine I wouldn't have tried it either! It did definitely make me feel good though!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Adorable. I really like. Keep in touch, pls. Wish you happy week! Big kiss

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it gave you more energy. I could do with a cup of tea that did that as I've been exhausted lately. It's a shame about the weight loss though. I've always wondered if they actually worked

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm always tired so it did help me, it's probably my own fault for not following it to the letter, I'll probably try harder with my second batch.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. I've never done a teatox but I've always wanted to!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination
    Btw check out my sweet Lightbox Giveaway if you haven’t already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth doing, I would still recommend it!

      Lucy x- Yellowicing

      Delete
  5. I have heard a lot of good things about teatox. I love how honest your post is about this product. I think I might try it out and see what happens. Great Post.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah I wanted to be honest about it so people would know exactly what it involves from someone who's done it, so I'm glad it came across that way :)

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig