Monday, 8 June 2015

Review: Lush 'Mask of Magnaminty'


If you regularly read my blog you'll know that I'm a huge fan of Lush (who isn't though?) and because I don't have a local store, I have to pop in and stock up when I can. I had a bit of a haul last month when I was in Chester, and picked up the Mask of Magnaminty Self-Preserving Face Mask (£9.75 per 315g) to see if it lived up to its reputation. I've been meaning to do a post about this for weeks but haven't got around to it, so here are my thoughts:


I've used this mask a couple of times now, and I don't think its as good as I expected. I'm a big fan of Love Lettuce and I'm not sure this one compares in my eyes. It feels lovely and cooling when applied, and its a nice thick consistency; but I'm not a fan of the smell and I haven't noticed any miracle improvement to my skin as yet. I did apply some to my upper back as I've got a few under the skin blemishes at the moment, and it seemed to work quite nicely there though.


All in all, I'm not sure I'd re-purchase, at £9.75 its not hugely purse-friendly, and I'd have to see something remarkable to make me rush back out to stock up. But its a good sized pot and I've still got plenty more uses to go, so its good value for money.

Have you used Mask of Magnaminty? What were your thoughts?
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I'm sure I had a sniff of this and didn't like the smell either! I like how it's self preserving though as I had a face mask from Lush that was very eggy in general and it went off before I'd even got half way through it!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're too expensive to waste if they go off quickly!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Ooo I've never tried this but it looks lovely x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like it, I don't dislike it, it's just not as good as I hoped!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried a Lush face mask but will probably cave soon! Based on your review I don't think I'd go for the Magnaminty one, but the seaweed gel and honey and almond in the Love Lettuce one sounds amazing so I might give that one a go :) And I love the colourful background of your pictures! xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would really recommend Love Lettuce! Aww thank you, it's a tray from IKEA! Haha!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried anything from Lush yet, clearly i'm a terrible blogger. It's on my todo list!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no you're not! They are awesome and well worth s try though!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. It's a shame it didn't work for the price! I never think to use lush masks anywhere other than my face.
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk / / x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't before either, I only used this on my back as it's advertised as being a face & body mask!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. I love LUSH products but I normally buy their bath bombs and bubble bars, which are amazing. I've never tried one of their masks before! Maybe I'll give this one a miss if it's not that fantastic, but I'd like to give this Love Lettuce, that you mentioned, a go! Thanks for sharing, Lucy :) x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bath bombs too, these are the only 2 masks I've tried, I would definitely recommend Love Lettuce!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried this one yet. Love Lettuce sounds amazing as well. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend Love Lettuce :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  8. I wanted to try this but the smell put me off as well, it's a shame that you didn't really notice as difference with it either.

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me! No, for the money it really isn't all that good.

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig