Thursday, 18 June 2015

Review: Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick


Words can't quite describe how excited I felt to finally get my mitts on Velvet Teddy! I've been lusting after it for what seems like forever, and last time I visited a Mac store it was completely out of stock. As chance would have it, I popped onto the website while doing a bit of naughty bank holiday online shopping and it was available, so obviously it fell into my basket.


I'm trying to start wearing more lipstick as opposed to gloss and balms, and I really wanted a flattering nude shade I could wear by day for work. This fitted the bill perfectly for me. Its such a lovely creamy consistency, that glides onto my lips, and I love the fact its matte. I think it really complements my fair skin tone, and is subtle while still being noticeable, if that makes any sense.


I don't think its incredibly long lasting, if I'm shopping or just walking around it has amazing staying power, but it doesn't last with food or drink as much as I hoped. It hasn't put me off it at all, I just think I thought it would cling to my lips more as its so incredibly well respected by bloggers and make up artists.


I've only used it a few times, but because its so soft its already wearing down quickly *crying face emoji* but I don't want it to in case I can't get hold of it again for ages! Dramatic, I know. 
I love the classic Mac packaging, its so simple and pleasing to look at (apologies for my chipped nail polish, really should have done my nails before showing my hands on my blog!)


The below picture is just a quick swab, I have no other make up on hence why its so heavily cropped! I'm loving it though, and Velvet Teddy is officially staying one of my must haves for the foreseeable future.




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. They're amazing aren't they! It's actually not as dark as it looks in the pic, I love it!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig