Monday, 13 July 2015

ASOS Haul


I really try and limit myself with ASOS. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I physically stop myself looking on the app as often as humanly possible. ASOS really do have something for everyone, so whatever it is I'm looking for, I can usually find on there. Which is disastrous for a shopaholic like me.
Anyway, enough waffling. I saw the sale was on so decided now was as good a time as any to treat myself, and I ended up with a bit of a haul, hurriedly removing things from my basket so as not to use my wages all in one go!
Heres what I ended up with:



I love the high neck, I think this top can make quite a statement with black skinny jeans and heels. The detailing on the sleeves is so pretty too.



I'm trying to declutter my wardrobe and streamline it a little. I feel my tastes have started to change in the last year or so and I prefer simple, clean lines, and good quality rather than mass-buying loads in one go. This blouse would be pretty with jeans and heels for a meal out, but is also practical enough to wear for work. I have to go to meetings, so its smart and practical, while still being stylish.



I have a bit of a monochrome theme going on! I don't really have loads of tops, as I've always worn dresses to go out, but now my tastes have changed a bit I love throwing on a nice top with jeans and heels to go out for drinks. This vest is flattering and simple, but the mesh neckline mixes it up a bit.



I love a peplum, I just think its so flattering. And I have weird shoulders (broad but also narrow enough for straps to never stay up!) so I like wearing bandeau tops. This is the dressiest of the items I bought, but for £16 you can't go wrong.



Finally I picked up this blouse to wear for work mostly. Its clean and simple, but I love the lace sleeves. I can see me wearing this with jeans to go out for shopping or lunch too, its so versatile.

What do you think of my ASOS haul? Have you been tempted by the sale?

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Love the Kimono top! I am a H&M addict at the moment, they have even started sending me a monthly catalogue/magazine through the post - it is so dangerous!

    www.beaucience.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't get me started on H&M! I have to physically tear myself away from the shop, id be a disaster with a catalogue!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. the first top is right up my street too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty and detailed :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love the last top! I've never actually bought anything from Asos before but feeling like i need to at somepoint! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you start you might not be able to stop! I try and browse but always end up with something!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. I love the peplum top, and you're right, it is super flattering :) I used to be such a shopaholic when it came to clothes, but like you, my taste has changed and I'm trying to minimalise my wardrobe a bit. I've become so picky, too, which can be good sometimes lol. I love your haul, though, you have great taste, and I love the simple, clean lines :) x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, I'm definitely much more picky that I used to be! I used to buy so much, but although I still love a bargain, it's not a bargain if you don't just don't need/wear it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. The kimono blouse is beaut! x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kimono style blouse! I'm obsessed with anything monochrome and that product is especially unique! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, monochrome is so wearable!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. LOVE all your picks! Especially that high neck top and the black one with the mesh inlay.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, I'm in love with all of them!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  8. so nice :)
    Kisses!

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the white lace top! So many white tops are too sheer so I like that they've added the lace bit to cover the upper half haha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't like sheer tops at the best of times. If I'm being honest the bottom of that top is still a little bit too sheer for me, but I'll figure something out haha

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig