Thursday, 2 July 2015

June Favourites

We're officially more than half way through the year now, and I've just heard on TV that we're now closer to this Christmas than we are to last Christmas! Scary stuff. 
Here's what I've been loving this month:

The Killing (Danish Version)

I've been binge watching this on Netflix (its only available for a few more days) because I really love the books. There is an American version too which I haven't watched yet as I prefer the grittiness of Scandinavian dramas to the glossy American ones! Its subtitled so it can be harder to follow sometimes, but its well worth a watch.


Lilien ICE Aftersun Burn Relief

This is a really random addition to monthly favourites I know, but while I was on holiday I burnt my back quite badly. This is without a doubt the best after-sun I've ever used! I bought it from the hotel shop and within a few minutes the burn had gone completely and most of the redness by the next morning. I had a look for it when I got back hoping it wouldn't be unavailable here, and found it on Amazon here (and its only £3.99 which is a bargain)


Dr Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Body Souffle

This stuff is amazing, I really like the consistency and it just soaks into the skin quickly without any stickiness. I bought it from Holland and Barrett for £9.49 which is a bit on the expensive side, but its well worth it. I've heard that coconut oil has loads of health benefits, and a couple of years ago I developed pityriasis rosea which is an all over skin irritation/rash that comes from a virus. It was horrible and uncomfortable and made me feel SO miserable, the doctors couldn't do anything except let it run its course, so I did some of my own online research and found that coconut oil helps a lot. I bought a tub of this and within 10 days it was gone (and it can take up to 6 months to clear!) All in all, you could say I'm a fan of anything coconut oil based.


Shellac Mani / Pedi

I'm a big fan of CND Shellac, and when I don't have my nails done I really notice the difference. Before I went on holiday I treated myself to a manicure, and then went the whole hog and had a pedicure too. I've never had a pedicure before (I really hate my feet - who doesn't?!) but I must say I really liked it and am officially converted! I can't stop looking at my green glittery toes!
The nail shade is 'Nude Knickers' (I never really go for nudes but wanted something neutral) but I didn't catch what the toe colour was unfortunately.


Noholita Shoes

I've been trying to be good with my spending lately, and haven't really bought much in the way of clothes or shoes. When I was in TK Maxx a few weeks ago I fell in love with some shoes but resisted the urge; I couldn't stop thinking about them so I went back to find none in my size but another pair by the same brand which I also loved (also not in my size) I've never bought anything from TK Maxx online before, but I ordered both so I could decide at home, and I'm super impressed with their quick delivery. I just really couldn't choose, but they're a little bit similar to keep both, so I'm changing the ones with the tongue (top) for brown instead. Noholita are a Spanish company and the shoes are just INSANELY comfy, I can see me getting loads of wear from these!


What do you think of my June picks?

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Those shoes! I'm in love :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, just worn them for the first time and they're so comfy!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I love your nails! I love getting shellac nails, but have never gotten a pedicure before, as I hate my feet haha!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hate mine too but luckily they did it under the table so I didn't have to see them!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Great photos and great post. Thanks for sharing with us, dear. Pls, keep in touch.

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nail colour and heels
    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them too!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Love those heels at the end! The thick heel makes them look like they'd be perfect even for long days.

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just worn them for 6-7 hours and they were so comfy, even with dancing!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. Loving those new shoes you picked up! I would love to try that Coconut Oil Body Souffle!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love them! The body soufflé is just incredible!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig