Friday, 17 July 2015

Luxury Yurt Glamping in the Peak District



At the moment, with the long sunny evenings and the bright mornings, I've been longing to get away and make the most of the nice weather. I hate being cooped up indoors, and despite already having been on my summer holiday abroad, my mind has kept turning towards going on a UK break, such as camping. 

Whenever I'm sitting in work wishing I could be outside, I find myself daydreaming about a mini break I went on last summer; glamping in a luxury yurt in Staffordshire.  Ben and I were lucky enough to spend two nights at Secret Cloud House near the Peak District and it was just a dream that I can't stop thinking about.

We headed up to Cauldon Low, Staffordshire in the late afternoon. We drove past rolling green hills with nothing else to see for miles, parked up and went to explore what our yurt had to offer.
The site houses 5 yurts, 4 traditional and one wooden lodge. We stayed in Elderflower.

The yurts are large and luxurious with everything you would get in a hotel - except electricity. We arrived to find bunting, candles burning, and chocolates and prosecco waiting for us. It was instantly cosy and welcoming, and I fell in love. The yurts are heated with a wood burner, which was amazing.

 


                  

To make it feel even more like a home from home, there are full showering facilities on site, with a hairdryer, straighteners and even a full length mirror! Its a camping experience unlike any other I've been on.

We cooked our meal using the camping stove provided and ate outside in the meadow, looking out at the vast landscape with a glass of wine in hand. It was so incredibly peaceful.  It really was a therapeutic feeling knowing we had to put our phones away for a few days, go to bed when it got dark and get up at sunrise. It felt like we were going back to nature.


In the evening we walked through the meadow towards the outdoor hot tub, where we sat under the stars watching the sun set and the sky start to darken. There is also a wooden sauna where we relaxed once we'd finished in the hot tub. It was pure heaven.
              

    
          

                                          

                                          

The following morning we woke up early to the sound of sheep grazing in the next field, and cooked our breakfast using the hamper provided; including fresh eggs and local sausage and bacon.

                                           

                                           

                                           

I absolutely loved every minute of our stay, it was a year ago but still feels like yesterday. Cath (who owns Secret Cloud) is lovely and nothing was too much trouble. I would really love to go back at some point, we made some lovely memories. Staying there felt like a snapshot moment I didn't want to end. 
There are also a couple of pubs nearby, and lots of places to walk. The Yew Tree Inn is definitely worth a visit, a 17th century pub which is like a curiosity shop of antiques and vintage collectables.

If you're looking for a glamping break, I can't recommend this place highly enough. 

For more details and prices visit: http://www.secretcloudhouseholidays.co.uk/

Some photos taken by www.benwalkerphotography.co.uk







 


SHARE:

2 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig