Monday, 6 July 2015

My Top 5 Travel Destinations

I really love travel, and I've been lucky enough to travel to some amazing places so far. A few weeks ago I blogged about my travel bucket list (read it here) and while doing so, started thinking about the places I have been to and loved. 

Here are my top 5 travel destinations (this isn't meant to sound braggy by the way, its simply a topic that interests me):

New York 

NYC had been one of my dreams for as long as I could remember. I always promised myself I'd go, and when I broke up with my long-term boyfriend in 2010, I decided to do something I really wanted to do, so I booked it. 
We were there for 4 days and in all honesty I think a month wouldn't be enough. There's just so much to see and do, and so much culture. We did the main sights; Empire State, Statue of Liberty, Grand Central Station, 5th Avenue, Times Square and Central Park. I loved it all! We also did the city bus tour (which I would 100% recommend) and went to Brooklyn and Greenwich Village which I loved. Being a huge Sex and The City fan I just had to go to Carrie's brownstone, and have a cupcake from the Magnolia Bakery. Heaven! I'd love to go again, but just so glad I got to go at all.


Morocco

Me and my friend had a long weekend here in 2013 and it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. We did a camel ride across the desert, visited the Majorelle Gardens (with a memorial to Yves Saint Laurent randomly!) and went on a guided city tour. Again there was so much to see and do and only a short time to do it in. The food was out of this world, so healthy and tasty. Alcohol is hard to come by as its a Muslim country, so on the last night we got a taxi to one of the only places that serve it (La Mamounia Hotel, which is where presidents and heads of state stay when visiting Marrakech) and had some cocktails, a bit of a splurge but well worth it. I'd go again in a heartbeat.


Dubai

I always feel like a bit of a flash git when I say I've been to Dubai, but in fairness we went in the height of summer when its about a million times cheaper, probably because no one in their right minds would visit in that searing heat! It topped 50c every day! We went up the Burj Khalifa (the tallest building in the world), the indoor ski slope (very very strange experience in the middle of the desert!) and to the giant Dubai Mall which has a full sized aquarium in it. Its an amazing place, the wealth is just unimaginable, every other car was a Lamborghini. Its so clean and modern though, its just incredible. Imagine staying in the Burj al Arab hotel which is the only 7* in the world?! Our hotel was flash enough and that was just a chain hotel! Wowsers.


Nice, South of France

This is my favourite place on earth, and I go with my Mum every year (read about my last visit here) Its just so beautiful and I'll never get bored of it. The coastline is stunning, the climate is perfect, and with places such as Cannes, Antibes, Monaco and Saint Tropez surrounding it, there's plenty to do. Nice is my favourite place because its much more 'ordinary' and cheap than the other places, which are a bit like celebrity haunts, its just laid back and beautiful. It feels like my second home, I just love it.


Norway

I went to Norway in 2008 and stayed in a little fishing village called Sandefjord, about 2 hours from Oslo. I've always had a fascination with all things Scandinavian, and I loved it. Sandefjord was a bit of a ghost town, with literally nothing much to do, but I still loved the vibe and culture, The snow drifts were nearly 7 foot high in places! I'd love to go back and visit the fjords.


*All photos taken by me, apart from Norway, which are all stolen from Pinterest as I managed to somehow lose all my own photos! Ooops*

What are your favourite destinations? Have you been to any of these places?


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I would dearly love to visit Nice in France, I've been aiming to go to France anyway, and was considering Paris, but apparently it's so expensive, and Nice sounds more affordable and just as beautiful! Norway is on my list too, I'm also s big fan of everything Scandinavian :) lovely post, Lucy x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice is my favourite place on earth, definitely my happy place :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos! I'd love to visit New York! I'd definitely do the sex and the city tour. I'm sure there's a gossip girl one too! So jealous!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to the GG one too although I didn't know there was one until you said! Sounds amazing

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. I'd love to visit Nice again too! It's so wonderful and filled with beautiful landscapes. Love this post xx

    itsnatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite place, I just can't get enough of it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. I would looovveeee to go to Morroco, would be so amazing!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its beautiful, the colours are so stunning!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Dubai and NY <3 UK and Indonesia is in my list too :)

    IG: @shairangelique

    Have a nice day! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indonesia would be amazing to visit!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. You've traveled to some great places, my favourite destination so far has to be Thailand. I love hot countries and Asian food :) I also want to go to New York - looks like you did a lot in 4 days!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go to Thailand, I also love Asian food. Yeah we crammed as much in as we possibly could!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig