Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Review: Estée Lauder Pink Champagne Lipstick

I'm a bit late to the lipstick party. I mean, I've always dabbled in it on and off, but I've mostly used lip balms and glosses to enhance my lips, rather than investing in a really good lippy to do the job.
Over the last year, I've amassed a small collection of lipsticks I love, which I use all the time. I have one nude (Velvet Teddy, natch) a bright red, a dark red and then the trusty daytime shade - the pink.

The shade I use is Pink Champagne by Estée Lauder, so you can imagine my annoyance to discover it's now been discontinued! The jury's out on what I'll find to replace it, so at the moment I'm using it little and often to make it last as long as possible. 


It's far less bright than it looks in the photos, it's not candy pink, but it's like a light rose I guess. It also has a lovely shimmer running through it which my iPhone didn't detect. 


The packaging is simple gold, which looks and feel luxurious, it looks sophisticated and stylish. 


Although this photo is blurred (shaky Sunday hands on an iPhone, not very professional) you can just about see the shade there. The consistency is smooth and think and glides on nicely. 


Finally, here's a not brilliant selfie of me in the shade, it makes my skin look nice and bright, and is very natural so perfect for daytime use.

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Beautiful shade, it suits you so much! :)

    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk
    @anasofiachic

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade looks amazing on you! Great post x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore YSL lipsticks, they are pure luxury. Stunning colour as well!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm yet to try any Estee Lauder lipsticks but how gorgeous is the packaging?! I'd subtly leave it out on display haha. You really suit the shade Lucy!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie, I know! I love the packaging alone haha

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Pretty color!

    www.thefancyfashioncastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shade, although I rarely wear pink but I quite liked this. It suits you too :)

    www.zekalin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm a bit scared of pink too but I like this as its so natural.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! :) even despite my slightly sketchy selfie haha

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig