Monday, 10 August 2015

Afternoon Tea Extravaganza

I'm what you might call a foodie, I love going out for food, exploring new places and experimenting with things I've never tried before. Last weekend, my friend and I went out for afternoon tea at a place called Sochyn Crimp (I have NO idea what it means either, haha) and although it certainly isn't gourmet, it was without a doubt the biggest afternoon tea I've ever had!

The place is quite far off the beaten track, and decorated in very vibrant, bright colours. It's filled with mismatched tables, all different shapes and sizes, vintage crockery, candles and flowers.







We decided to go all out and ordered the Welsh Afternoon Tea, which came with 4 different varieties of sandwiches, scones with cream and jam, meringue nests, fruit cake, lemon drizzle cake, white chocolate and cranberry slice, carrot cake and chocolate cake. It was massive! We thought it'd be finger sandwiches, a scone and maybe one other slice of cake, but we couldn't have been more wrong!






Needless to say, we couldn't finish even half of it and left with full bellies and bulging doggy bags. But I felt it warranted a blog post due to the sheer scale and effort involved in making this afternoon tea, if I'm ever in a position where I haven't eaten for a week I might be tempted to go back!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Lovely post! Love nothing more than a scone ngl!x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too, can't beat it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful place to have tea and cakes.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a great find!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Wow! This place looks adorable!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really lovely, so glad we went!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Oh my word, everything looks so fabulous! You took some awesome photos, Lucy! I love the quirkiness of the place too, it's a bit like a very cozy version of Alice in Wonderland, isn't it? Are those postcards they're selling in the corner? It's half eleven at night but I REALLY fancy one of those strawberry and cream topped meringues, they look so naughty, haha! A very yummy post ;) it's definitely made me want to raid my kitchen and fill a cupcake stand with goodies x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know how you feel Amanda, there's always time for tea and cake! It's very quirky, it was great. Yes they were selling post cards and also a few other things like coasters and locally made mugs

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous place and so many goodies!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, it was fab!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig