Monday, 31 August 2015

August Favourites

So this month's been a bit of a funny one, it seems to have flown by for a start, but also because there's nothing 'new' I'm really using or doing. Here a few things I've been loving though:

What I'm Loving...

I love, love, LOVE Guerlain (I wrote a blog ages ago that you can read here) and I've finally picked up a few more bits to add to my collection, there's only the foundation still to get. It's not often I find a brand I rave about, but Guerlain is definitely one. The look of the products, the quality, even the smell is just beautiful. They're not the cheapest by any means, but they're the kind of products you save for and splurge on, and then they last you ages (that's what I'm telling myself anyway!)
I bought the Meteorites Compact Light Revealing Powder and Rouge G L'Extrait Lip Colour (M25 - Colere)  which comes in a lovely silver tube with a mirror attached.




What I'm Using...

I've been using a bit of a mishmash of products this month, all my usual ones and then some newer additions. I found this Decleor Moisturiser hiding among my stash so I've been getting some good use out of it, as well as a few products from last month's Glossybox - Teoxane Perfect Skin Refiner and NoxiDoxi Enhancing Serum Base. On my nails I've mostly been using Fearne's 'Lady Grey'


What I'm Reading...

I've bought a couple of new books lately that have been on my wishlist for a while. I'll do a full post on them soon, but I started off with 'Yes Please' by Amy Poehler, and its such a good read. It's funny and interesting, and I've flown through it.


What do you think of my picks this month? What have you been loving?

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Love Amy Poehler, I was suppose to read a book for a bookclub and I didn't What a failure.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you still can! This book is so funny, id recommend

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's just too pretty to use unfortunately! Haha!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. I've never bought from Guerlian so it's really lovely to see reviews of their products. Thanks for sharing your favs!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad you enjoyed reading it :) I love guerlain as you can probably tell haha

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Nice Guerlain :) Kiss from France, Sand.

    FRENCH GOES BACK TO SCHOOL with BOOHOO on my FRENCH BLOG:
    http://www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes please to 'Yes Please!' I read it earlier in the year and I loved it! Amy Poehler is such an amazing writer, and she's freaking hilarious! I love her! <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant isn't it, I laughed out loud so many times!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. that powder looks really cool and i'd like to read amy's book :)

    avec danielle | new post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The powder definitely looks pretty, and it's lovely on the skin. I would recommend the book, especially if you like a good laugh :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. i have seen a few people reading Yes Please by Amy Poehler, I am going to definitely give this a read. I love the look of the Guerlain powder, may have to purchase this. Lovely post.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good and easy to read, I enjoyed it. The powder is lovely and it just feels really luxurious.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  8. amazing post ! :) nice photos :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought you meant Guylian chocolates at first haha. I've got chocolate on the brain at the moment. I've never heard of Guerlain before but how pretty is that packaging and the pattern is so pretty! I really need to get my hands on Yes Please, everyone raves about it

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I keep mixing it up with Guinot when I talk about it, I can see why you'd say guylian haha. Yeah the book is so good, I don't usually buy into the trendy books but this is well worth a read!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig