Sunday, 16 August 2015

Flown

A couple of weeks ago, Ben and I went to watch a contemporary circus called Pirates of the Carabina, who describe themselves as a 'cutting-edge company of innovative British and international circus artists'. The troupe consists of acrobats, aerialists, stuntmen and also musicians, in fact the music was absolutely incredible, as were the performers!

Ever since I was a child I've been excited by the prospect of the circus, I used to love going to the Big Top and seeing the trapeze artists and Ringmaster...(despite the fact that I totally disagree with animal circuses and HATE clowns).....but anyway. Pirates of the Carabina are nothing like that; they're fast paced and skillful, and I was completely mesmerised for the whole show. 

Both of us thought the show was great, and I would go and see it again in a heartbeat. It was just so interesting and different, I loved it. I think they're currently still on tour, next time they're back on these shores, I would recommend seeing them if you get the chance. Definitely a night out with a difference. 




(one of my personal favourite parts of the show - this song was brilliant)

All photos by Ben Walker Photography

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow this circus looks crazy! I love that they have musicians too. I haven't been to the circus for years but this seems like a step up from those creepy clowns haha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant, I absolutely loved the music! I really hate clowns which has put me off the circus for a long time, but this is really more just like acrobats/dancers - amazing anyway!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Oooh I like acrobatic circuses, this looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was anazing, I'd definitely recommend it!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig