Saturday, 29 August 2015

Glossybox / August Review


I absolutely love this month's Glossybox, I think it could be my favourite box to date. Partly because there's 4 full size products included this month - but also because I think all of the products are things I would acually use regularly (often there's one or two things I just think 'nahhh')

If you subscribe and haven't seen your box yet - look away now!


SASS Purifying Cleanser


This is the second SASS product I've had from Glossybox (the other was the Perfect Skin Concentrate) and I'm really getting on board with their products. This cleanser is really nice and smells really good, I also had a look on their website as I fancied seeing what else they do, and everything is really good value. 

Naobay Calming Face Toner


This is also the second Naobay product I've had and it couldn't have come at a better time as I'm just using up the dregs of my current toner, really looking forward to trying this.

MeMeMe 'Playful Peach' Lipglide


Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I've also had something from MeMeMe before too! I'm really into lip products at the moment, and this is a nice subtle colour for day.

Manna Kadar Lash Primer


I've never used a lash primer before, but there's a first time for everything and I often find that my lashes don't look as dark as I'd like with mascara on, so this will hopefully enhance them nicely. Plus its conditioning, and my lashes are thin and a bit sparse looking, so this will help I hope.

Emite Artist Colour Powder Blush


I haven't actually tried this out yet so I'm hoping it'll look ok on me, I don't actually need a blusher at the moment but they always come in handy to have in stock, and it looks a nice neutral colour. Emite is the leading professional brand in Sweden and this has been described as a 'blunzer' (blush/bronzer hybrid) so its great in my book, as it warming apparently, and I'm also out of bronzer!

What do you think of this month's box?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Their products are so good aren't they! Yeah this box was fab.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. The first thing that caught my eye was the cute print on the inside of the box haha!

    I always see reviews for beauty subscription boxes on blogs, but have yet to decide which company I'd want to go with. There are just so many! I didn't know they send out the same products to every person! That seems to defeat the point of it being individualized right?

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean, because when you sign up you fill in questions about what kind of skin/hair you have etc which suggests it's personalised. But I think there are a couple of different bits they add, I don't think every box is identical, just similar.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Great items! I was sent some SASS skincare and its really soothing post shaving. I love the look of the blusher too it's so useful to have backups!

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the sass products, I think they're so good and like you say they're soothing. Yeah I haven't tried the blusher yet but it looks a nice colour for autumn!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. I love the wood effect lid of the Naobay face toner so much! I would definitely give it a try, and not just because of its pretty appearance, I’m still sort of experimenting with toners and finding the right one for my skin. The blusher looks lovely, too, it’s a nice warm colour, I’m thinking perfect for autumn, maybe? A lovely collection of goodies! x

    PS: Love the colourful birdies in the background ;)

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like naobay, I had a facial scrub from them a while ago and they're completely ethical which is always nice to know! Thanks, it's a tray from IKEA! Haha :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of Glossybox before, how cool though, that Lip glide looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet but it looks really nice :)

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig