Saturday, 22 August 2015

Portmeirion - Share Your Serenity


Peace of mind is very important to me, and something I struggle to maintain on a regular basis. Our lives now are so busy, I personally feel like I always have SO much to do, I'm always flicking through my diary figuring out when I can pencil in some 'me-time'. Work is permanently stressful, and it's very easy for us to feel like the world is getting on top of us sometimes.

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to try and find more time for myself, and to stop treating myself as an afterthought. If you read my blog regularly you'll know that over the last few months I've written a number of posts talking about my quest for a calm life. I'm happy to say that for the most part, it's slowly starting to work, and that's mostly down to me recognising the 'triggers' for what stresses me out and makes me feel bad, and counteracting them by doing the things that I love, and that bring me serenity.

Portmeirion are currently running a competition asking bloggers to create a collage of 4 photos that show what wellbeing means for you, whether it be doing something that brings you peace, or just your own state of mind.



The lucky winner will get a nights stay at the Portmeirion hotel including dinner, bed and breakfast. I'm lucky enough to live near to Portmeirion and have visited a few times, it's safe to say it's one of my personal favourite places - it's so unique and full of character, and regardless of whether the sun is shining or its grey and overcast, it's still impossibly pretty and peaceful. 


It was pretty easy for me to think of 4 things that always make me feel like I'm taking care of my own wellbeing:

1. I love nature and nothing calms me more than being outside and getting some fresh air, wandering along surrounded by nature and looking at beautiful landscapes never fails to bring a smile to my face.

2. A nice cup of tea has to be the ultimate quick fix to calm me down. Settling down with a nice hot cup is one of my favourite pastimes (being the total tea addict that I am) and if I can drink it outside in the Autumn with a cosy blanket over my knees then even better.

3. I may have mentioned this a few times (!) but I absolutely adore sunsets; every single night without fail I try and catch a glimpse of the sky, it never fails to amaze me. We're fortunate to have some particularly lovely sunsets where I live so I've been spoilt.

4. Finally, the beach. I'm a complete beach bum and I get withdrawal symptoms if I haven't been for a few days. Nothing soothes me like the sound and smell of the sea does, it immediately makes me feel at peace, as well as giving me a little pick me up.


If you fancy entering the draw and being in with a chance to win this fantastic prize, the competition closes on 4th October. All you have to do is choose 4 photos and share the hashtag.

I nominate the lovely Amanda from Amanda Says because like me, I know she's a big peace lover.


Have you ever been to Portmeirion?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Aww thank you! It's so relaxing isn't it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. This was so beautifully written! I loved it. :)

    Bec xx
    http://rebeccaplumridge.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, really appreciate it :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Thank you SO MUCH for the nomination, Lucy, you're such a sweet and kind soul. Sorry it's taking me so long to do mine, this week has caught up with me and having a migraine hasn't helped :( but I'll hopefully have it up tomorrow morning :) your choices are just lovely, I love your photos! Again, thank you for choosing me, I'm so flattered, and I hope you'll like my post! Have a lovely day :) xox

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Amanda, thank you for nominating me in the past too, I still need to get round to doing the blogger tag! Sorry to hear you've had a migraine, they're horrible! Hope you feel better!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig