Friday, 14 August 2015

Staffordshire Mini-Break

Last week Ben and I drove to Staffordshire to spend a couple of days at his parents house. I always love visiting them, they live in a lovely little village and it's always so relaxing when we go.


We went out for lunch with his Mum to a little cafe called 'The White Heart' and I decided to try one of their local specialities; the Staffordshire Oatcake. While in Rome Leek and all that! I can see the appeal for sure, I chose sausage and cheese and it was delicious.

After lunch Ben and I spent the afternoon in Leek, which is a lovely little market town filled with Union Jack flags and bunting. We spent a lovely few hours wandering around looking in all the shops, there's an abundance of furniture and antique shops, and lots of cute little cafe's.


The rest of the time was spent relaxing, I did plenty of reading (currently reading 'Yes Please' by Amy Poehler, which is brilliant) and we visited some of Ben's friends. On our last day we went to a wedding, which was a lovely day.


I managed to get my travel sized fix, by bringing along the various sample sizes I have! I love buying and using travel miniatures, sad I know! I'm loving a couple of Glossybox goodies (Philosophy moisturiser, Teoxane skin refiner and Noxidoxi serum), as well as my trusty REN shampoo and conditioner.



Now I'm mostly trying to figure out how days off work go SO much more quickly, this week off absolutely flew by! 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! lovely pics, I also love a good travel mini. Great post x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was lovely - just went far too quickly!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. What a sweet little village, I'm not surprised you like going there, it's so picturesque, and I could sooo easily get lost in those shops for quite a few hours :) you look lovely in that photo, all smiley and happy! Glad you had a nice time and a chance to get away, mini breaks are so refreshing! Have a great weekend, Lucy! xxx

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Amanda, it was lovely but flew by! Such a quaint little village though!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig