Tuesday, 18 August 2015

The Chester Grosvenor Hotel

As anyone who regularly reads my blog will know, I'm a big fan of hotels. I like nothing more than booking a weekend away and exploring somewhere new. I live about an hour away from Chester, and I've always really wanted to stay in The Chester Grosvenor, but sadly finances have never allowed. So when an incredible offer for an overnight stay with breakfast came up, I couldn't resist booking.

The Chester Grosvenor is a 5* hotel in the heart of Chester, and this year celebrates its 150th year. Once it was opened it became one of the most celebrated hotels in the country, deemed fit for a future King (Edward, Prince of Wales visited a few years after opening)

The hotel oozes class and glamour, when you walk up the marble steps into the grand foyer, you're greeted by a doorman in full uniform. A bellboy took our luggage up, and we were taken to our room, which was a Deluxe Twin.


The room had a large comfortable bed and everything else you'd expect, with a door separating the bedroom from a small marble entrance, which housed a double wardrobe and a fully stocked mini-bar and chocolates.


This huge ornate chandelier takes pride of place in the lobby and up the stairs. The hotel also has a spa and a brasserie, as well as another restaurant serving their famous Afternoon Tea. 


We didn't eat in the brasserie (my only regret about the stay - next time!) and instead went out for some food and cocktails for the evening. My cocktail (gin, elderflower and cucumber) was amazing!


In the morning, we went down to the brasserie for breakfast; we had the continental breakfast which consisted of toast, freshly squeezed orange juice, yoghurt and fruit compote, and a selection of pastries. It was so lovely, and the staff were really attentive. The room looks like something out of The Great Gatsby, with a glass ceiling and all the original features.


All in all, I couldn't rate my stay at the Chester Grosvenor enough, it was everything I hoped it would be and more, I feel like I've ticked something off the bucket list!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This hotel looks amazing! I also love staying in hotels! I stayed in such an amazing one in brighton called The Queens Hotel! It had a panoramic view of the new pier to the old! The beach looked amazing! I love the little treats they left you!

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That sounds amazing, I love Brighton, haven't been for ages!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely looking hotel! Well I'm really glad you got to stay there and tick it off your bucket list, Lucy :) Just to let you know, you've been tagged in my post here http://www.amandasays.org.uk/2015/08/blogger-interview-series/ so I hope you'll check it out :) x

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, it was great! Sound fab, I'll check it out :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely i haven't stayed in a hotel in a while this makes me want to book up
    https://beingeilidhblogspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This hotel is too expensive for me normally but I got a great offer, I'd definitely recommend!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig