Wednesday, 26 August 2015

The Fitness Post: An Unfit Girl Trying To Change Her Ways

I've been on a fitness kick since the New Year, I was basically getting sick of how sedentary I've become (having an office job is terrible for that) so even though I'm fairly active in lots of ways, I wasn't actually doing any proper exercise and had started to gain a bit of weight.

To begin with I started running using the 'Couch to 5K' app but I quickly lost motivation, the cold weather didn't help, and I found it hard to find the time to stick to a regimented exercise pattern.

I had my works medical and basically found that I was heavier than I thought (and ever have been in my whole life!) although it was sneaky weight as I haven't really changed dress size (only slightly) so I hadn't realised quite how bad it had got. He told me my internal body fat was also quite high, which surprised me as I don't eat terribly, so I knew then that I had to work hard to overhaul my lifestyle.

I've joined my local gym as they have a summer membership offer, and the fact they have beautiful spa facilities really helps as it gives me the boost to keep going! I go and use the gym and then reward myself with a dip in the pool followed by the jacuzzi and salt room - I'm going to cry when my membership runs out next month!


I'm using 'My Fitness Pal' to try and keep an eye on my calories, but for me the biggest improvement has come about from using 'Pacer' to try and track my daily steps - sometimes I reach 8500-10000 which is my goal, but I'm happy if I get 6000 as its definitely better than I used to be.

It's still an uphill struggle but I've definitely started to tone up and feel a bit better about myself, which has helped.

As a side note - how nice is the sports range from Aldi?! I've saved a fortune and the clothes are actually lovely and great value for money!


Have you been on any fitness kicks lately? And if so, I'd love to hear any tips?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Good for you for trying to get healthier! I recently started my gym again but I'm quickly losing motivation ahah.
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney, I struggle with motivation all the time too haha

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Great post, pacer sounds like a really good app :) xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia, it is and it's free too so well worth it :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. I didn't know aldi did sports wear! I'll have to check it out although I seem to buy lots of workout clothes and never use them. I really like my fitness pal, I lost a bit of weight using that and a lot of hours on just dance haha. I wish I was able to commit to exercising though as I'd love to tone up. Good on you for having a health kick, you sound like you're doing well!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same which is why aldi is great for me as they're so cheap it doesn't feel like such a waste of money when I don't use them. I'm really struggling to stay motivated, just dance sounds brilliant haha.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. Need to try and get into exercise properly again, the app sounds good! Also that Aldi sports gear is really nice, I've seen similar stuff in Lidl too!!

    catrionaar.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive seen some stuff in Lidl too, it's such good value! The app is great and free too so even better :)

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig