Saturday, 8 August 2015

Yves Saint Laurent - Style is Eternal Exhibition / Wish List

I'm a big fan of YSL designs (from afar obviously, my budget doesn't quite stretch!) I love the timeless elegance and old-school style glamour of their pieces.

On a side note, few years ago, my friend and I went to Marrakech for a short break, and while we were exploring the Majorelle Gardens, we discovered that Yves Saint Laurent actually bought these gardens in 1980 and used them as a place to find inspiration for his designs. There's still a tribute to him there now.


So when Farfetch contacted me to ask me if I was interested in putting together a moodboard/wish list of clothes from their new Saint Laurent collection to celebrate the opening of the 'Style is Eternal' exhibition, I jumped at the chance. After all, a fantasy outfit is probably the closest I'll ever get!

Hedi Slimane has reinvigorated the label and created some new edgy designs to represent the current trends. The idea of the moodboard was to create an outfit based around the iconic smoking jacket, using pieces from the new collection.

I decided that I wanted to keep my outfit simple, to reflect the classic look I associate with YSL.
As the jacket is meant to be the focal piece, I chose a simple white pussy bow blouse (although I was really tempted by the babycat print blouse - how cool is that?!) and some skinny leather trousers, because you can't go wrong with them in my opinion.

Because I played it so safe with the outfit, I decided to go all out with the accessories; these stunning gold 'Paris' stilettos (I LOVE them!) and gold 'Monogram' shoulder bag would really stand out against the muted black and white colours, teamed with the 'Monogram' cuff, Clous De Paris ring and Shockwave pin (to go on the lapel of the smoking jacket)  Finally, I decided on an extra accessory (because I'm such a hat fan) and went for this feathered hat because it just adds to the Parisian chic effect.


I don't usually go for the safe option, I like to stand out from the crowd, but because of the famous notion of "fashion fades, style is eternal" by Yves Saint Laurent himself, I wanted to create a look that would look stylish for decades to come.

The exhibition is on until the 25th October 2015 and showcases the most iconic YSL designs.

If you would like to create your own wishlist/set and be in with the chance of winning a £250 (or $300) voucher to spend on the Farfetch site, then visit the website. You must publish your entry by the 17th August 2015.
Good luck!

What do you think of my outfit? Have you bought anything from Farfetch before?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig