Wednesday, 30 September 2015

5 Quick Simple Happiness Boosters

We all have bad days and weeks, I've been having some myself lately and it's so easy to get yourself into a rut. But after a couple of days of justified wallowing in bed bulk watching Netflix, its time to try and pick yourself up again. 

Here are 5 little things that help me cheer myself up:

Plan Something


Get something in the diary to get yourself going - it could be anything, as long as it makes you happy. Something as exciting as a holiday or little trip away, or buying tickets to watch a band you love, or a spa treatment, or even just going for a walk or drive to your favourite beach.

See Your Friends


If you're anything like me, when you feel low you just want to retreat and the last thing you feel like doing is making the effort to put on a brave face. But it does help, trust me. I dragged myself out of bed to go and visit friends for the evening - we had a couple of glasses of wine and watched an old film (we chose Kramer vs Kramer which is one of my favourites) and I felt a million times better by the end of the day than I had at the start.

Get Outside


Getting some fresh air and going for a walk always makes me feel better. Getting some air into my lungs and my heart pumping makes my problems seem more manageable, even if only for a short while. It must be the endorphins, but it really helps me clear my head and makes me feel much better than wallowing in the house.

Pamper Yourself


I love a good pamper, whether it be soaking in the bath, putting on a face mask, painting my nails or all of the above, I feel better when I take care of myself and have some me-time. Putting my favourite bubble bath in, lighting some candles and getting a good book or magazine ready is one of my favourite things to do if I feel down.

And Relax


Finally, do whatever makes you happy! Whether its any of the things I mentioned already, or just settling down in bed with a cup of tea, a bar of chocolate and some trashy TV, as long as you're doing what feels right, it'll help you feel better. We all need some time to ourselves, and to spoil ourselves a bit.

What do you do when you need a pick me up?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Love your photos here! Planning something is actually kind of a hobby of mine haha, I totally agree, getting something in your diary definitely motivates you. Getting outside is the first thing I do, I like to go on google maps, search my postcode and zoom out to see a patch of green to walk to! Nothing like nature to bring you peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanisha! The good ones are stolen from Pinterest haha! That's such a good idea, I might have to steal that one from you!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Pampering myself and relaxing are my favourite ways to cheer myself up. On normal days, though, I like to just sleep on it, haha. Lovely post, Lucy! <3

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, sleep is always good! Haha! Yeah you can't beat a good pamper to cheer yourself up!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. I watch spooky movies! That always brightens my day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's a new one! But I guess it takes your mind off things! :)

      Delete
  4. Completely agree, nothing beats some pampering and a girlie catch up to get me feeling myself a gain!

    http://whatrajwants.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it really doesn't, there's nothing like some me time and chatting with friends!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely post! I have been sooo busy the last couple of months that I sort of forgot how to relax. I am the kind of person that really needs some ''me time' and lately all I have been doing is work, work, work, so these tips were really handy! :)

    X Marjolein
    http://misscocoblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get like that too, so I've been trying to make an effort to have more me time lately and it's really helped!

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig