Monday, 28 September 2015

Food Post: Quick Vegetable Pesto Flatbread Pizza


When it comes to food I'm all about simplicity. I really enjoy cooking but I don't love spending hours toiling away in the kitchen; I like food that's quick and simple, but also healthy and nutritious. 

Florette Salad* inspired me to create a recipe using one of their salads, and after perusing their healthy recipes I settled on the Vegetable Pesto Flatbread Pizza. It's super quick and simple to make.


INGREDIENTS

For this you'll need:
  • 1 (or 2 if you're hungry) Flatbreads - I used garlic & herb
  • Tomato Pesto
  • 1 Red Pepper and 1 Yellow Pepper
  • Olives (I used around half a pack)
  • A handful of Cherry Tomatoes
  • 1 bag of Florette Sweet Crispy
If you look on the website you'll see that I adapted the recipe slightly; I didn't use courgette, radishes or pomegranate/pumpkin seeds (and I used olives rather than capers as I prefer them) but I don't think it detracted from the taste.



METHOD
  • Slice and wash the vegetables. Griddle them in a little olive oil for 5-6 minutes turning frequently to ensure they're browned and soft on both sides. I added rainbow pepper, sea salt, rosemary and Herbes de Provence for seasoning.


  • Cook the Flatbread for around 8 minutes then spread some Tomato Pesto on top.

  • Top the Flatbread with the griddled peppers, tomatoes and olives. I also added some more pepper for flavour.

  • Finally I made a side salad using Florette Sweet Crispy, and my Dad's home-grown cherry tomatoes. I added some French Dressing too.


This recipe was so quick and simple, and versatile too. It could be eaten either as a lunch or as an evening meal. I had this with some fresh bread and a glass of wine, but it could also be served with chips or new potatoes.


Voila! 
Depending on what your kitchen facilities are like in work, this meal is light enough to even be made at work.


I really should add my apologies for my poor photos, not only were they taken on my iPhone, I also realised I have possibly the most unphotogenic kitchen in the world! 

What do you think?

* Post written in collaboration with Florette Salad. For more great recipes and ideas on low calorie meals visit the Florette Salad website. 

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so quick and simple!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. Omg yum! I love pesto, I love homemade pizza, I love salad stuff. This looks great.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tegan, it was really nice if I say so myself, and quick too!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. This looks seriously delicious! I'm absolutely hopeless in the kitchen, but I would adore to knock something like this up! x :)

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its absolutely foolproof haha, I'm not a great cook either but even I managed it :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. This looks so delicious and yummy♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it tasted really good surprisingly!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Oooh this looks yummy! I'm so bad at cooking but this looks easy. Don't worry about your kitchen, you haven't seen mine haha.

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ridiculously quick and easy, which is right up my alley haha

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. Love homemade pizza, yours looks delicious!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It always tastes a little bit better doesn't it when it's home made!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. This looks delicious - I'm all about simple (and healthy) recipes too! Oh and don't get me started on un-photogenic kitchens lol my apartment has the worst! Can't wait to try this recipe out :D

    xo - Michelle
    www.borncreativeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! It took me longer to try and get a photogenic angle than it did to make the pizza!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  8. yummy this pizza looks so good
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's not the prettiest but it tasted good!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  9. Well, that was easy and looks yum too. I'll be sure to try it soon.

    BIBA Autumn Collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I'm glad you fancy giving it a go! It's yummy!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  10. This looks delicious and fairly simple to make! :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was definitely simple, I can't cope with anything too complicated haha :)

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig