Friday, 25 September 2015

Glossybox / September Review


Signing up for Glossybox was one of the best decisions I've made lately. It really cheers up my week when I have nothing else to look forward to except this landing on my doormat. I LOVE the Style Edition boxes too!

Here's what this months box looks like:


Nails Inc Nail Polish


I got the blush pink in my box, and while its a pretty shade I think I would have preferred the khaki for the Autumn months...but having said that this is a nice neutral shade for work and Nails Inc polishes are amazing.

Marsk Eyeshadow Brush Pro


As my eagle eyed friend pointed out, there was a lovely slate grey Marsk eyeshadow in the box a few months ago that this will go nicely with. I like a smokey eye for a night out, especially during the colder months, and silly as it sounds I'm a bit reluctant to smear my everyday eyeshadow brush into the darker colours as I stick to neutrals for work....so this is perfect to just keep for nights out.

Bellapierre Shimmer Powder


Further to the above, this little eyeshadow looks perfect. They've coined it 'greige' (grey/beige) and apparently its the colour of the season, I look better in darker colours so I'm looking forward to trying this.

Invisibobble Traceless Hair Ring


Not quite sure how these can be invisible unless you have grey hair (?!) but nevertheless, I'm all out of bobbles as it happens so this couldn't have come at a better time. Its appealing that they don't leave any kink in the hair (so they say) as I hate waking up in the morning and having to start straightening my hair (give me the extra ten minutes in bed!) and if they also don't cause damage they sound fab.

Maria Nila Luminous Colour Hair Masque


Last but not least, my favourite item in the box. This smells AMAZING, it reminds me of peach melba yoghurt, which I also love coincidentally. My favourite thing about Glossybox is getting to try products that we wouldn't normally get over here, and of course we all love the full size ones right? This retails at £18.95 so its amazingly good value, and is also completely natural. This sounds amazing and I can't wait to try it.

What did you think of this month's Glossybox?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I think this month looks great, thought invisibobble things are so weird because they really aren't invisible. It might be something to do with not leaving a kink in your hair? I don't know haha x
    Freyas Fashion Chapter MAC GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Although I used one last night and I can confirm I didn't wake up with any link, and I also didn't pull any hair out with the bobble when I pulled it out, so it seems quite good!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. After reading this I definitely need to check out Glossybox. I love the idea of the invisibobble, such a clever idea. Great post.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it, and it doesn't break the bank either.

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Lovely, dear. Great. I really like it. I have new post also, and will be hape if you see also. Keep in touch, pls. Big kiss


    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This months box looked fab! I actually had my eye on the invisibobble a while back so I'd love to know how you got on with it. I'm in the same boat as you, where do all the bobbles go haha?!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They keep vanishing along with all my hair clips! Its a mystery! I'm really liking the invisibobble, it doesn't tangle my hair and there's no kink, so pretty cool actually!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Haha you need to tell us how the invisibobble is later! The glossy box looks amazing though with lots of products that I would definitely want to use. Look forward to seeing more of your posts!

    Stephanie @ Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good actually, colour wise it's not invisible haha, but its better than a normal bobble!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is, it feels like Christmas haha :)

      Lucy x

      Delete
  7. What lovely treats!
    That greige shade looks amazing, and I've heard the invisibobbles work wonders
    Hope you enjoy trying them all out!

    http://whatrajwants.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bobbles are really good, they definitely don't tangle hair, and I used the greige last week and it's really nice, not too dark but nice and smokey.

      Lucy x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig