Monday, 21 September 2015

Lazy days


I absolutely can't over-emphasise the importance of a lazy day. There's been a distinct shift in my outlook on life over the last year, I've become such a homebody. I absolutely love curling up in bed or in a blanket, reading a good book, listening to my favourite music, watching Netflix (current favourite: revisiting Gossip Girl) and drinking as many cups of tea as possible.


My new favourite day of the week is Sunday. Aside from the lurking horror that is Monday, I now relish waking up in my fresh clean sheets, taking my time over breakfast and recharging. Obviously a perfect lazy day would at some point include a walk on the beach as I need some fresh air or else I start feeling a little bit sluggish. This weekend was perfect, a night in on Friday after a stressful week at work, lunch and shopping with the bestie and then a few drinks with some good friends on Saturday night, but then a little glimmer of excitement kept running through my mind that a lazy Sunday was on the horizon.

Back to work today, and I'm sure you're all feeling as overjoyed as me. Three day weekends should be compulsory, except then we'd all have that Tuesday feeling, ugh.

(all images taken from Pinterest)

How did you spend your weekends?

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I'm a huuuugggeee advocate for lazy days, too (surprise) and I absolutely love waking up in bed on Sundays, LATE. Haha! Have a great week, Lucy!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they're the best aren't they! Have a great week too!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I absolute love a lazy day, they're what I look forward to! Great post.

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, when I know ones coming I really look forward to it!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Three day weekends definitely should be compulsory haha. Your lazy weekend sounds perfect. I wish I could snuggle in bed watching gossip girl all day, it would be the dream! I might move my fresh bedding day to sunday, it sounds like a much better idea!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know I wish I could all the time, sadly not though! And fresh bedding on a Sunday is a winner!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  4. I looooove a good lazy day! I'm totally stealing your idea and changing the bedding on saturday nights so I can sleep in with fresh ones on lie in day!

    we are dannah | australian lifestyle and travel blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad! There aren't many better feelings!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  5. Being a homebody is where it's at haha! Sundays are just the best aren't they <3
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, roll on next Sunday!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  6. I've had a very stupid schedule for months now and haven't been able to enjoy a lazy day since june or something like that.
    Your post is so cozy and makes me want to do that right now :P

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I read and appreciate each and every one :)
Feel free to tweet me @yellowicingblog - I'm trying to get better with Twitter!
Thank you!
Lucy x

© YellowIcing. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig